ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What online form for Naturalisation (AN) and Registration (MN1) at the same time?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DavidU
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

What online form for Naturalisation (AN) and Registration (MN1) at the same time?

Post by DavidU » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 am

Hello,

We are a family of 4 applying to become British citizens. We already have a our PR cards for all 4 of us and everything is ready.

I am planning to use the online form and the NDRS in the next couple of weeks.

My question is around what online form to fill. I started with the Naturalisation form here:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an

The page indicates in the section of Life in the UK: "If you are applying on behalf of a child under 18, they don’t have to pass the Life in the UK Test". Which implies that the form can be used for Children.

While that is true, on the guide for the AN, you get this: "Are aged 18 or over when you apply"

When I filled the online form for all 4 of us, on the payment page I get charged for 4 adults, even if they are 6 and 8 years old.

Knowing how much all this cost in money, time, stress, and so on, I would like to know how others applied online. Should I make 2 different applications online?

Thanks,
David

jimmyss04
Newly Registered

Re: What online form for Naturalisation (AN) and Registration (MN1) at the same time?

Post by jimmyss04 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 am

Hi David,

I am in the same situation as yours and would really appreciate an update on how you manage this.

Thanks!

Sandyinuk

Re: What online form for Naturalisation (AN) and Registration (MN1) at the same time?

Post by Sandyinuk » Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am

Hi David,

You can apply in single online form. The fees will be charged for 2 adults and 2 minors in the Payment screen. I did same for me (2 adults and 1 child). Also make sure, you submit hard copy of Consent form (page 27 and 28 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -01-18.pdf
) for each child with father/mother signature to avoid any delay. Read this british-citizenship/emailed-from-fmt-as ... 54004.html

Regards,
Sandy

jimmyss04
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyss04 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your response, could you clarify if you used AN or MN1 online forms? and did you just send the documents requested during the online application or you provided extra documents? I am asking because when I did the MN1 application for one of my children, at the NDRS appointment the lady didn't allow me to add any extra documentation other than the ones mentioned in the checklist.

Thanks!

Sandyinuk

Post by Sandyinuk » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Jimmy,

You can start online application with your detail as a main applicant and then you can add other applicant (adult and minors). There is no separate form for each applicant.
You can also submit additional documents at NDRS as I submitted some documents other than checklists. But consent forms are mandatory in case of minors application. You can also post additional documents to Homeoffice with case number if any issue with NDRS.

Regards,
Sandy

DavidU
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by DavidU » Tue May 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Sandy,

Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed reply.

I was too quick in selecting in the dropdown on the online form.

And awesome indication about the consent form form the paper form.

We're almost ready to take everything to the NDRS.

David