ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child passport renewal refused - EEA parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pati29
Newly Registered
Poland

Child passport renewal refused - EEA parents

Post by Pati29 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:54 am

Hi All,

I’m looking for an advice re WRS.

Basically i was refused the passport renewal based on that i dont meet the WRS requirements.

Im Polish, when started my first job in oct 2005 i have registered and received the WRS card and a certificate for the agency i was working through. Then in Jan 2006 i was taken on books in that company and registered the new employer and got a certificate. Left that job End of sept 2006 and started a new one december 2006, again registered and received the certificate. Im in that job till now.
Looks like They have a problem i didnt have 12 months of continuous employment straight away. I have done a lot of searches and i can find aywhere is says that 12 months of continuous employment have to be the first 12 months.
In my understanding i did all as i was supposed to, registred new emloyers within 30 days of taking a job, so was lawfull to work for them. Yes i had a gap more than 30 days, as the position was open only in dec, so had to wait. So isnt it that i had to complete 12 months of countinuous employment, any time, those 12 months, for me counting from dec 2006? And of course that would have to be 5 years prior to childs birth, which it was, as she was born in July 2012.

I am so confused...

Kruk

Re: Child passport renewal refused - EEA parents

Post by Kruk » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi

Please see below link to the archived WRS info in case you did not find it yourself:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... k/eea/wrs/

What you said seems to be correct. The first period you worked was not a full 12 months so you have not meet the WRS requirements. You did not worked during Sep-Dec period which is good. The general rule at the time was - that you have to re-register WRS each time your are changing the job and until you worked for 12 continues month (for one or multiple employers). For you the WRS was meet in Dec 2007.

I would go back to HO and explain the situation. I would provide all dates and the WRS certificate issued in Dec 2006 plus P60 confirming continuous employment for the same employer. This should give the HO sufficient prove about your WRS status. If they will be saying something different please ask them to provide full explanation why they believe you do not meet the WRS requirements along with the legal backup.

Good luck.