ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Document Loss, Help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omarove1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Potential Document Loss, Help!

Post by omarove1988 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Greetings to all,

I have applied for my son's naturalisation and passport via NCS in Aberdeen, appointment was on 02/05/2018. The application fees were debited on the same day of making the application online on 25/04/2018, the passport fees are not yet debited.
The NCS sent the documents via special delivery guaranteed 1 PM on 03/05/2018, and emailed me the tracking code, so it was supposed to reach the home office by 1 Pm on 04/05/2018.
I tried to check the status of the documents, but it constantly shows 'Ready for Delivery', until now. I have called the post office, they told there was a problem with their special delivery, I asked, is the problem not showing the status of delivery but its delivered? or the problem is that its not delivered at all? they said there is no way to tell!

Now its 22/05/2018, I haven't received an acknowledgement from home office about receiving the documents, nor a cancellation for not receiving them.

I'm not sure what to do, there is a lot at stake, the time, the money of everything (£1100+) and the significant inconvenience of having to do it again if the documents were lost.

What can I do? how long does it take HO to acknowledge receiving documents?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Many thanks.

englishrose198
India

Re: Potential Document Loss, Help!

Post by englishrose198 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:42 pm

I think you should try calling Home Office and explain your situation. Get a written record from Post Office giving an explanation of the 'potential problem' with delivery.

omarove1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by omarove1988 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I have called the home office, they said they don't have access to the files, and suggested that I send a letter by post to the home office and ask about my documents.
I did that yesterday and sent an email as well to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope the documents are not lost, it will be a terrible journey to do all the work again!

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:56 pm

I’m currently going through the same headache now, I applied for 3 kids... only for me to receive certificate for just a child. All my effort I pray will be fruitful because it’s beyond me. I have called and received no positive answer from their switch board, I have decided to write a letter demanding explanation. Even when acknowledgment was sent, it was sent for only 1 child, when biometric registration was done, it was sent in 2 different envelopes 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️.. I’m feed up to say the list

omarove1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by omarove1988 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:03 am

I would say you took the right course of action, it seems that writing to them is the way to go. Also you can write to the emails provided above, hopefully this would get sorted soon, along with mine as well.

omarove1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by omarove1988 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Well, the home office haven't replied to any of the messages, however, today the fees of the passport were withdrawn from the bank account. I take that as good news consideration the passport application is only processed after the nationalisation, which tells me the papers had received.

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:56 pm

I’m glad you getting somewhere, I so
Regret not applying for the passport at the same time, as I was not aware I could.. this is so frustrating