ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement Visas for Spouse and Child - More Questions...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sevendust12

Re: UK Settlement Visas for Spouse and Child - More Questions...

Post by sevendust12 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:56 am

Hi All,

Quick question - If we were to submit the application forms now, is there an option to save and print out the forms later? Example: Don't have a printer handy and would like to print it out elsewhere before attending the biometrics appointment.

Please help.

Thanks.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am

Sorry guys for posting this again but if anyone has any answer, please let me know.

If we were to submit the application forms now, is there an option to save and print out the forms later?

Example: Don't have a printer handy and would like to print it out elsewhere before attending the Biometrics appointment.

Please help.

Thanks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am

Yes, it allows you to save as PDF and print later - you may need to select print then select PDF reader
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am
Yes, it allows you to save as PDF and print later - you may need to select print then select PDF reader
Thank you Londoner007.

So today I submitted the forms for my wife and daughter. I paid the fees for application and IHS for wife.

For my daughter I paid the application fees and with IHS it is 0. I wanted to know if I’m supposed to get any email confirmation for the IHS? I got one for my wife but nothing came for my daughter.

So what happens now?

Pls help.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:05 pm

You should have got an email or at the time of IHS payment there would have been a IHS number. You will need to include this IHS number with the bundle. Keep checking your junk or see if you can go through browser history and find the page that displayed IHS number for child.

There is a bug which shows children as £0 but Home office will contact you in future to make the correct payment.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:05 pm
You should have got an email or at the time of IHS payment there would have been a IHS number. You will need to include this IHS number with the bundle. Keep checking your junk or see if you can go through browser history and find the page that displayed IHS number for child.

There is a bug which shows children as £0 but Home office will contact you in future to make the correct payment.
Thank you Londoner007.. I found the email, it went into my junk folder.. So now i have a total of 2 IHS, one for wife and another for daughter.

Do you know what they need to bring with them to the biometrics appointments? I find it odd as the email states they need to bring all the documents but on the VFS site they say to send the documents to a PO box in sheffield. Not sure which one is accurate..

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Depends on the VFS and the country.

Mostly you just need to take with you:

1 - Biometrics appointment letter
2 - Passport
3 - Passport photo
4 - Printed copy of applications just to show to them and not to submit (unless your using their scanning service.

You would normally only submit biomtrics and passport only and EVERYTHING else you post directly to the PO BOX in Sheffield.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:24 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm
Depends on the VFS and the country.

Mostly you just need to take with you:

1 - Biometrics appointment letter
2 - Passport
3 - Passport photo
4 - Printed copy of applications just to show to them and not to submit (unless your using their scanning service.

You would normally only submit biomtrics and passport only and EVERYTHING else you post directly to the PO BOX in Sheffield.
Great thank you Londoner007.

I wanted to ask you when we log back into the account where we filled up the form, this tab shows up "REGISTER AT COMMERCIAL PARTNER". Do you know what that's supposed to be?

When I click on it, it opens up the VFS Global page.. I'm not sure if there's anything I should do as we have already scheduled the biometrics appointment etc.

Please help, thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 am

You don't have to sign up to complete application. I think for some countries it is used to get update on visa. On certain VFS you can sign up to SMS update service too.

As you haven't stated which country it is being submitted in, it is best for you to check the services available at the VFS of that region.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 am
You don't have to sign up to complete application. I think for some countries it is used to get update on visa. On certain VFS you can sign up to SMS update service too.

As you haven't stated which country it is being submitted in, it is best for you to check the services available at the VFS of that region.
Hi Londoner007,

Thank you very much for your help. So my wife and daughter went for their biometrics appointment today. The only thing they took from them are their current passports, nothing more.

So I assume now we need to send everything over to sheffield, correct? I just wanted to double check if these are the documents I need to send:

Printed online application forms (wife and daughter)
Appendix 2 forms (one for wife and one for daughter)
Printed receipt for application fees (one for wife and one for daughter)
Printed IHS confirmation emails (one for wife and one for daughter)
Printed receipt for IHS fee (Wife)
Old Passports (wife and daughter)
2x passport photos
Birth certificates (wife and daughter)

TB test certificates (wife and daughter)
IELTS A1 English test certificate (wife)
Marriage certificate

Sponsor cover letter
Sponsor payslips x 6 months
Sponsor bank statements x 6 months
Sponsor Employment letter
Sponsor Work Contract

Accomodation consent letter (from Mother)
Land registry
Title Deed for property
Council Tax

Western union transfer receipts
Facebook screenshots
Whatsapp Chat logs (screenshots)
Whatsapp Call logs (screenshots)
Whatsapp video call screenshots
Photographs of marriage
Random photographs together as a family, with friends etc..

Is there anything else I am missing? Also I wanted to ask if I need to provide a P60 as well?

Thanks again for your help.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Looks ok. There's no need to send old passport to them.

Make sure in your accommodation letter it is stated from your mother there is sufficient room to accommodate the 3 of you. Make sure to date the pictures. Include pics of baby too and receipts of any gifts sent. P60 not required - include it if you have it available. I'd include it if its available.

Use Royal Mail Special Delivery + include a special delivery return bag.

InshaAllah goes well for you and then you and your family are re-united together.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Looks ok. There's no need to send old passport to them.

Make sure in your accommodation letter it is stated from your mother there is sufficient room to accommodate the 3 of you. Make sure to date the pictures. Include pics of baby too and receipts of any gifts sent. P60 not required - include it if you have it available. I'd include it if its available.

Use Royal Mail Special Delivery + include a special delivery return bag.

InshaAllah goes well for you and then you and your family are re-united together.
Thank you so much Londoner007, I need all the prayers for this. Thanks for all your help along the way.

I just have a few more questions before I send these:

1. On the special delivery return bag, who should i address it to? Do I put my name down or do I put the name of my wife and daughter? I'll be the one sending the documents to Sheffield from here in the UK.

2. For all documents and such, do I need to make a separate pile that's all copies? Or just send originals and nothing more?

3. How many pictures do I need to send?

4. For the whatsapp chat logs, is 2 conversation per month sufficient?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 pm

1. Sent addressed to the PO BOX. And return package is addressed to you the sponsor.

2. Send original - others will tell you to send copies but its a waste of time and money as Home Office scan everything you send to them digitally and then return them back to you.

3. No more than 20 covering your whole relationship, it is more important to send pics from different dates rather than many pics from same date.

4. 3-4 screenshots covering the whole month. They just want to see you remained in contact so just snapshots.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 pm
1. Sent addressed to the PO BOX. And return package is addressed to you the sponsor.

2. Send original - others will tell you to send copies but its a waste of time and money as Home Office scan everything you send to them digitally and then return them back to you.

3. No more than 20 covering your whole relationship, it is more important to send pics from different dates rather than many pics from same date.

4. 3-4 screenshots covering the whole month. They just want to see you remained in contact so just snapshots.
Thank you.

So for the whatsapp chat logs, does it have to be the whole conversation? Or just random ones? There's tons of convos that are dead long.. I just wanted to know what context do they want to see?

My wife said that VFS given her a receipt for herself and daughter which needs to be returned when picking up the passports, do we need to include this with the documents too or this is just something for them to keep?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

No.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

No.
Thank you so much.

My final question to put me at ease, for the documents supporting the financial requirement, it says no earlier than 28 days from the time of application. Does this apply when we submitted the form or the time they get all the documents from me?

Would it cause a problem if it's past 28 days by the time they receive them even though it's within 28 days from the time the forms were submitted online?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am

28 day rule is set to the date the application was submitted online.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am
Wonderful.. thank you so much for your help. I'm just waiting for some of the original documents to arrive from my wife then ill send them over to Sheffield.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:41 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am
Wonderful.. thank you so much for your help. I'm just waiting for some of the original documents to arrive from my wife then ill send them over to Sheffield.
Londoner007

You mentioned that we do not need to submit old passports. if that’s case, do we need to send photocopies then or nothing at all??

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am

Photocopies if you have it. Make sure its clear its an old passport.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am
Photocopies if you have it. Make sure its clear its an old passport.
Thanks again Londoner007. Just an update that I have already sent the documents off today. Special delivery by 1pm as you have specified and a pre-paid return bag enclosed as well.

Fingers crossed, all will be well and the processing with go smoothly.

Appreciate your help in all of this, couldn't have done it without the help of all the members here.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Keep us updated. I hope you get a positive outcome - All the best.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm
Keep us updated. I hope you get a positive outcome - All the best.
Hi Londoner007,

Thank you.. Yes, will definitely keep updates on the progress.

Normally, how long does it take before they acknowledge that the documents were received?

Also, do we have a generic topic where I can post the timeline? I found one for India and Pakistan however those countries don't apply to us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Normally, how long does it take before they acknowledge that the documents were received?
Not everyone gets an acknowledgement, so don't anxiously wait for one.
Also, do we have a generic topic where I can post the timeline? I found one for India and Pakistan however those countries don't apply to us.
There isn't a 'generic' topic. Which country is the application being made?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:49 pm
Not everyone gets an acknowledgement, so don't anxiously wait for one.
There isn't a 'generic' topic. Which country is the application being made?
Hi CR001,

Okay got it, thanks...

The biometrics was done in Hong Kong.