ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for stamp 4 marriage to irish national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fidel ET
Newly Registered

Processing time for stamp 4 marriage to irish national

Post by Fidel ET » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi
Appreciate it if anyone can help with this one.Applied for permission to remain based on marriage to irish national In March 2007.contacted by justice in January 2008 and more documents requested inlcuding both passports. Everything submitted end January. Still waiting rang them two weeks ago to be told we are at final stages.Now still nothing. I have had to cancel a trip since they have my Irish Passport.My question is this how long does one wait after submitting all documents should I be worried that they have lost everything!!! I am Irish married to African National.
Thanks for any information!!

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi Fidel,

You can always request your Irish passport back. They only need to sight it. Telephone, fax and call them to get it returned to you if you need it.

Laoch na hEireann
Newly Registered

Post by Laoch na hEireann » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 pm

REquest your passport back in writing and you will get it back....Where you married outside ireland?

kevo

Post by kevo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 pm

hi, did you get your passport back?

they've asked me to send in for the same reason (i.e. my wife's application to remain based on marriage to Irish national). I'll prob have an overseas trip to make in next month so just wondering if it was easy to get back.

thanks

kevo

Post by kevo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 pm

i'll answer my own question - got my passport and other documents back extremely quickly, i.e. three days after we sent our documents in.

The DOJ are just so wonderfully efficient. What a fantastic country!