ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a copy of an AIT Determination

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnboy096

Getting a copy of an AIT Determination

Post by johnboy096 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Assalum Alaikum/Hi guys,

I gave a lot of evidence against my ex-spouse.

I liased heavily with the Home Office Presenting Officer and Border & Immigration.

The HOPO said that I could get a copy of the AIT determination, by simply writing to the AIT in Manchester, and asking them for a copy.

Any tips/advice/experiences?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 am

Try searching Case law.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: Getting a copy of an AIT Determination

Post by tasha75 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:24 am

I don't know if it'll help you, but have found this:

Please note, only appellants and representatives receive a copy of the determination. Sponsors will not receive a copy unless the AIT has been notified they are both the sponsor and the representative for the appellant.

Requests for additional copies of determinations must be made in writing to the AIT. Please note any files needing to be retrieved from storage may delay the request.

If the determination is to be served by the Home Office, the AIT is unable to provide any copies until the determination has been served or at least 32 days have passed from the date of the decision being sent to the Home Office.

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Hearings/determination.htm
Do not live your life in fear.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Please note, only appellants and representatives receive a copy of the determination. Sponsors will not receive a copy unless the AIT has been notified they are both the sponsor and the representative for the appellant.

Requests for additional copies of determinations must be made in writing to the AIT. Please note any files needing to be retrieved from storage may delay the request.

If the determination is to be served by the Home Office, the AIT is unable to provide any copies until the determination has been served or at least 32 days have passed from the date of the decision being sent to the Home Office.

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Hearings/determination.htm[/quote]

Read that but does the 2nd paragraph, mean that extra copies can be ordered by me?
As the AIT know, I'm fully aware of the case, I sent a 20 page dossier, and the evidence my ex decided to send me as well to try to intimidate me.

So does anyone know if they'll send me copy, as the HOPO suggested write to the AIT to obtain a copy.
Anyone requested a copy before? :)

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 pm

johnboy096 wrote: the HOPO suggested write to the AIT to obtain a copy.
Why the HOPO himself cannot give you a copy? You have fully cooperated with them all the way, and you are not an outsider to this case?
AS for the AIT, I suppose there is no harm in asking. As the saying goes - you don't get it if you don't ask for it.
Last edited by tasha75 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:07 am

Hi Tasha,

The HOPO said that he had finished with the case, his job was to present the evidence, he had nothing further to do with it.

He stated that determination was a AIT document, and that if I wrote to them they would send me a copy.

So I sent a letter today to the Centre Manager.

I'll let you know what happens, as it would be nice to be kept in the loop, as it affects my life as well.

salut!

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 pm

johnboy096 wrote: The HOPO said that he had finished with the case, his job was to present the evidence, he had nothing further to do with it.
Does it mean that the HOPOs don't know the outcome of their cases? Kind of "who's next, please" ?

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:12 am

[/quote]
Does it mean that the HOPOs don't know the outcome of their cases? Kind of "who's next, please" ?[/quote]

That's it in a nutshell.

He's played his part, the determination is sent to the Home Office.
I've got the image of all these papers going to some vault like "The Ark and other archeological artifacts" in Indiana Jones. lol

My imagination hits overdrive sometimes! lol

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I received a letter from the AIT in Manchester, they stated as you are not named as a party in the above appeal, we are unable to provide you with a copy of the determination.

So there you go, a dead-end. There should be some way of finding out? :?