ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Documents do you need for 10 Yrs Long Residence?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heretic

What Documents do you need for 10 Yrs Long Residence?

Post by heretic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Hello all,

Has anybody on these boards applied for ILR on Long Residency basis (10 years) recently.............

Reading on these boards it seems that people are recommending that a lot more information should be provided to the HO then asked for on the form i.e. letters from colleges, bank statement etc.

Why is that - why should I be giving HO more information than what they have asked for - Can they reject my application the grounds that I have not provided info they didn't ask for in the first place!

Can some one who has applied before share what information they submitted.

I have been here on a mixture of student visa, WP and HSMP and am due for ILR in June. I have done my SAR report and all my application were made within time.

Could some one kindly comment please........... re evidence to submit

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:10 pm

My Brother recently applied for ILR on the 10 year legal route, and he only submitted photos and passports he had used in the last 10 years. He is still waiting for the outcome. So l would say if they don't ask for it, don't offer it.

Biggie.

heretic

Post by heretic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I called the HO asking what they require and was told - what is mentioned on the form............So I asked if they expect more information that what is mentioned i.e. to back the case up and the advisor said that no if the case worker needs more information they will write to me - just provide what is asked for!

I wonder why people go as far as providing school attendance certificates! :? :roll: :? :roll:

good luck to your bro...........let us know how it goes

Aash