ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkckmd
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Post by kkckmd » Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 am

Hi guys

I used the paid email service of ukvi as my passport has been delayed for a month now and this is the reply

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application.

We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Does that mean my application has been refused?
The delay has been confusing and receiving a message like this makes it worse. You know there is a decision already but they are still holdin on to the passport.

GG_PM
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by GG_PM » Tue May 22, 2018 7:26 am

richardk8 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 am
Raj5394 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am
richardk8 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 am
I did a standard application and submitted documents and biometrics on 19/3. I am still waiting, it has been 31 working days. I was meant to start work at the start of last week.

Applying from Brisbane Australia.

This is really concerning!! 31 working days over and no update means you must have escalated the case with UKVI and they are already past their 15 days timeline. :(
Yes i called and escalated and 18/4 and then received the "not straight forward" email on 24/4. Lack of communication has made this a very stressful wait.

I do have a very bad feeling about that they will keep delaying the decision for a couple more months then reject my visa.
Hi mate, just wondering if you got any joy in the end or if you’re still waiting? Submitting our (mine & unmarried partner) application in a few days in Brisvegas, and your’s was the lastest Australia post I saw in the Tier 2 out of country timelines thread.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 am

kkckmd wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 am
Hi guys

I used the paid email service of ukvi as my passport has been delayed for a month now and this is the reply

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application.

We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Does that mean my application has been refused?
The delay has been confusing and receiving a message like this makes it worse. You know there is a decision already but they are still holdin on to the passport.
No
It is a standard text that they supply with each of their email. In fact the firt 2 or 3 lines differs at each stage of the application status (rest all same)
I am sure ur VISA is approved, please be patient until u see it.:). If u have opted for courier, check ur GWF number on the tracking (in India it is Blue Dart)

richardk8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by richardk8 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am

GG_PM wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:26 am
richardk8 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 am
Raj5394 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am
richardk8 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 am
I did a standard application and submitted documents and biometrics on 19/3. I am still waiting, it has been 31 working days. I was meant to start work at the start of last week.

Applying from Brisbane Australia.

This is really concerning!! 31 working days over and no update means you must have escalated the case with UKVI and they are already past their 15 days timeline. :(
Yes i called and escalated and 18/4 and then received the "not straight forward" email on 24/4. Lack of communication has made this a very stressful wait.

I do have a very bad feeling about that they will keep delaying the decision for a couple more months then reject my visa.
Hi mate, just wondering if you got any joy in the end or if you’re still waiting? Submitting our (mine & unmarried partner) application in a few days in Brisvegas, and your’s was the lastest Australia post I saw in the Tier 2 out of country timelines thread.
Perfect timing with your question.

I submitted an enquiry yesterday using the paid email service and was informed that a decision had been made, but I did not receive any email notification.
I literally just received a phone call telling me that both my wife's and my passports will be ready for collection tomorrow at the visa centre. I waited for a total of 44 work days from the biometrics appointment.

I will find out the outcome tomorrow. I was told that my application was "not standard" so I am not optimistic. Athough I would have thought that it would have been formality since I was just on the Tier 5 Youth mobility about 6 months ago.

I'd recommend you go with the pirority service. I went standard since I had 4-5 weeks before I had to start the new job. And based on previous experiences, it has always been complete within 15 work days. But all this waiting is not worth it, my application is paid for by my company anyway.. so I don't know why I didn't just get pirority!

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Tue May 22, 2018 6:42 pm

royarjun2005 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am
buntyninja wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am
buntyninja wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am

Its So Frustrating, atleast if we can track or have a deadline date then it would be so peacefull.

Every Hour Checking if there is any SMS/Email for Passport Collection.
If you do not stay too far from the VAC, why don't you go and check personally?
Been there Thrice already, will plan to go again tomorrow. But the hope is skim right now.
If possible, go today and let me know what they say. I am planning to go tmro as I am not in town today.

I know no two cases are related but then that way we will have updates from two days!
Hey Got SMS from VFS and Collected my Passports today

Gt VISA for 5 Years as Applied.

Cheers Everyone

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm

buntyninja wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:42 pm
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:
royarjun2005 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am

If you do not stay too far from the VAC, why don't you go and check personally?
Been there Thrice already, will plan to go again tomorrow. But the hope is skim right now.
If possible, go today and let me know what they say. I am planning to go tmro as I am not in town today.

I know no two cases are related but then that way we will have updates from two days!

Cheers Everyone
Lovely news bunty

So u applied for T2 Gen standard service on what date?

GG_PM
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by GG_PM » Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 am

richardk8 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am
GG_PM wrote:

I submitted an enquiry yesterday using the paid email service and was informed that a decision had been made, but I did not receive any email notification.
I literally just received a phone call telling me that both my wife's and my passports will be ready for collection tomorrow at the visa centre. I waited for a total of 44 work days from the biometrics appointment.

I will find out the outcome tomorrow. I was told that my application was "not standard" so I am not optimistic. Athough I would have thought that it would have been formality since I was just on the Tier 5 Youth mobility about 6 months ago.

I'd recommend you go with the pirority service. I went standard since I had 4-5 weeks before I had to start the new job. And based on previous experiences, it has always been complete within 15 work days. But all this waiting is not worth it, my application is paid for by my company anyway.. so I don't know why I didn't just get pirority!
Dang - that’s such a long time to wait!! Thanks for the response - we’re going priority (through the sponsor) but was curious about your delayed timings; we were also just on our Tier 5 but applied for that in Melbourne, and I have a fear it’s not going to be as smooth this time because we’re applying in Brisbane and..well it’s Brisbane :)

Thanks again and fingers crossed the outcome goes your way tomorrow!

richardk8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by richardk8 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 am

GG_PM wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 am
richardk8 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am
GG_PM wrote:

Dang - that’s such a long time to wait!! Thanks for the response - we’re going priority (through the sponsor) but was curious about your delayed timings; we were also just on our Tier 5 but applied for that in Melbourne, and I have a fear it’s not going to be as smooth this time because we’re applying in Brisbane and..well it’s Brisbane :)

Thanks again and fingers crossed the outcome goes your way tomorrow!
Visa was approved.

However... they stuffed a few things up.
  • Decision was made 1/5, no notification to collect passport was received until I made an enquiry
  • Vignette valid to 31/5 - so i will need to travel in the next few days
  • Wife's visa was supposed to start on 1/6 but they made it the same as mine - we now need to do a vignette transfer to correct the date
After getting the transfer done, i will see if i can get a refund since they issued the wrong date..

buntyninja
Newly Registered
India

Post by buntyninja » Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 am

ashishkm wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm
buntyninja wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:42 pm
royarjun2005 wrote:
buntyninja wrote:

Cheers Everyone
Lovely news bunty

So u applied for T2 Gen standard service on what date?
All was done on 24th Apr

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu May 24, 2018 4:08 pm

Is it normal, that a T2 Gen priority service application still awaiting decision after 4 working days ( I called up UKVI and they told my application awaiting decision).....or am I too overwhelmed waiting for this job since 6 months ( I waited for job offer 3 months, RCoS 2 months, Cooling period end 1 month) and becoming hasty after applying just few days ago!
Hope u guys understand my state of mind :)

aniluktier2
Newly Registered
India

Post by aniluktier2 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm

aniluktier2 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:59 am
Hi,
I have applied for my Tier ICT visa along with my wife and 2 kids and given my biometric on 12-Apr at Chennai. My dependents have received the stamped passport on 3-May.

When I contacted UKVI for the status of my visa, they told for my case the decision has been made around 30-Apr but have not received my passport yet. They asked me wait till 14-May and then my case can be escalated. Its already crossed 9 working days and still waiting.

Does anyone with similar experience suggest me what could have been the reason and what should I do next.
After a long wait today I received the message from VFS that my visa will be delivered tomorrow.

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Fri May 25, 2018 11:45 am

ashishkm wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:08 pm
Is it normal, that a T2 Gen priority service application still awaiting decision after 4 working days ( I called up UKVI and they told my application awaiting decision).....or am I too overwhelmed waiting for this job since 6 months ( I waited for job offer 3 months, RCoS 2 months, Cooling period end 1 month) and becoming hasty after applying just few days ago!
Hi
did you hear anything ? I am in the same situation.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri May 25, 2018 11:59 am

newmim wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:45 am
ashishkm wrote:
Hi
no, i called today to hear still decision awaiting! I wonder if they miss out 5 days - why charge us extra 200 GBP!
when did u applied, is it T2 Gen and priority (only migrant)?

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:59 am
newmim wrote:
ashishkm wrote:
Hi
no, i called today to hear still decision awaiting! I wonder if they miss out 5 days - why charge us extra 200 GBP!
Yes T2 Gen only migrant priority + walkin and my travel date is set to next week :( I applied Monday my application has been received on tuesday by UKVI then no more news. what is the number on which you call them please ?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm

newmim wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 pm
ashishkm wrote:
newmim wrote:
ashishkm wrote:
Hi
Yes T2 Gen only migrant priority + walkin and my travel date is set to next week :( I applied Monday my application has been received on tuesday by UKVI then no more news. what is the number on which you call them please ?
it depends on from which country u call them
try this link
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
please let me know if they made decision or awaiting...helps me to compare!

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm
newmim wrote:
ashishkm wrote:
newmim wrote:

Hi
try this link
Thank you for the link. I will let you know if I hear anything

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm
newmim wrote:
ashishkm wrote:
newmim wrote:

Hi
try this link
I called now and they said still waiting for decision ...
Please let me know if you hear anything next week. My flight was booked for thursday I hope I get it in time

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon May 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Despite paying for priority service a huge sum and waiting like a standard applicant is disgusting!! I hope UKVI make some justified changes to their turnaround times or set expectations in a right way.

This wait time is killing!!!

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Or
Are they making people restless and scaring future applicants to take up their huge money earning service - super priority??

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Mon May 28, 2018 5:09 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Despite paying for priority service a huge sum and waiting like a standard applicant is disgusting!! I hope UKVI make some justified changes to their turnaround times or set expectations in a right way.

I have received my passport today. Despite UKVI telling me on Friday at 9pm that it's still waiting for a decision. Actually the decision has already been made. and I received an email this morning to collect my passport.

Go to your VFS and check with them. stop calling UKVI it's just a wasted money!
I ve also been waiting for 8 months for this job for different reasons and I can only imagine the pain you're going through.

Good luck and keep believing in it ! it will come sooner or later the most difficult part is the COS

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon May 28, 2018 5:41 pm

newmim wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:09 pm
ashishkm wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:22 pm

I have received my passport today. Despite UKVI telling me on Friday at 9pm that it's still waiting for a decision. Actually the decision has already been made. and I received an email this morning to collect my passport.

Go to your VFS and check with them. stop calling UKVI it's just a wasted money!
I ve also been waiting for 8 months for this job for different reasons and I can only imagine the pain you're going through.

Good luck and keep believing in it ! it will come sooner or later the most difficult part is the COS
Wow Great news Newmim, congratulations and I wish u good luck!

Yes even I felt the same...how come a straight forward application takes 5 working days and still decision awaited. I called on Friday night too...and they bluntly told - Awaiting Decision

Could you please tell me (for my reference)

Applied date:?
Decision date:?

I actually opted for courier, so it wont be received at VFS, and I have to wait for courier!

newmim
France

Post by newmim » Mon May 28, 2018 9:58 pm

yes just wait for it hopefully it will arrive soon. I am currently a resident in France so that's maybe why it took less time to arrive. I always opt for pick up at the VFS as there are always delays in the postoffice.

I applied on Monday 21/05 and submitted documents and prints at VFS on 22/05 decison has been made on 25/05 or at least my visa is starting from 25/may and received passport today 28/05 so 5 working days from submission in VFS to pickup.

Wish you best of luck

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue May 29, 2018 5:32 am

newmim wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:58 pm
yes just wait for it hopefully it will arrive soon. I am currently a resident in France so that's maybe why it took less time to arrive. I always opt for pick up at the VFS as there are always delays in the postoffice.

I applied on Monday 21/05 and submitted documents and prints at VFS on 22/05 decison has been made on 25/05 or at least my visa is starting from 25/may and received passport today 28/05 so 5 working days from submission in VFS to pickup.

Wish you best of luck
Thank you
mine is processed by Chennai embassy and I kept hearing they are delaying these days becoz of heavy load....
I am hoping I get it at least by this week

pizzapizza
Newly Registered
India

Post by pizzapizza » Tue May 29, 2018 7:06 am

Hi,

I applied for tier 2 general visa (me+ partner)
Non priority processing.

I got a call from sheffield office on 13th day. they conducted an impromptu impromptu on the phone with regards to my application. Lasted 20 mins. They asked questions with regards to my current and previous employers.

Subsequently sheffield office sent an email requesting additional information from my employer with similar questions. My employer replied immediately to them.

Now it's been 6 working days since then. The status is still DECISION PENDING.

Has this happened with anyone. A phone or face to face interview? How soon after that did the processing complete?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Most anxious 12 days of my life - after the first email that - my T2 Gen VISA application is ready for consideration by ECO.....
Now I've got a mail saying that it is decided! Thank God.
Now I am obviously nervous and confident at the same time that mine is approved. As I have 3 times T2 ICT VISA approval history.

Kindly advise, how many days from now it takes so I receive my documents?