ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting started with FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

petu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Getting started with FLR (M)

Post by petu » Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi everyone!
Anyone out there who's recently had a successful FLR M application?
I am new here and making a visa application with the Glasgow PSC, early next month.

Situation - Switching from tier 2 general to spouse visa
Query - I'm filling in the 70 page application form (doing my headin). is there any document which can be used as guidelines for every section while answering questions?
there are certain sections where I'm not sure whats the right way to answer.... as there can be 2 different correct answers (if that makes sense).
I just want to make sure that there Im filling in the form right.

cheers!

P.S. - look fwd to sharing my successful application experience here :)

petu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Getting started with FLR (M)

Post by petu » Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi everyone!
Anyone out there who's recently had a successful FLR M application?
I am new here and making a visa application with the Glasgow PSC, early next month.

Situation - Switching from tier 2 general to spouse visa
Query -
1) I'm filling in the 70 page application form (doing my headin). is there any document which can be used as guidelines for every section while answering questions?
there are certain sections where I'm not sure whats the right way to answer.... as there can be 2 different correct answers (if that makes sense). I just want to make sure that there Im filling in the form right.

2) I am putting in my spouse's employment income as the financial source to rely on (that meets the requirements VERY easily). Do i still need to give my payslips and bank statements?

3) currently, I am on garden leave and The last date of my employment is also the date of my application :| (talk about timings eh!) it is a bit unfortunate situation to be in, but i am declaring myself as 'employed' on the day as technically it is from the next day that I become unemployed. Is that the right thing to do?

cheers!

P.S. - look fwd to sharing my successful application experience here :)

petu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by petu » Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 am

can anyone pls help with question 1 &2?

petu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by petu » Fri May 25, 2018 7:25 pm

don't know if anyone is looking at this thread but Im still posting my latest query -

this is about the english language requirement... my bachelor's degree transcript clearly mentions that the medium of instruction was english. Also, when i applied for tier 2 general visa, this transcript was enough (as per PBS) to meet the language requirement.

My appointment at the PSC is coming up soon and I am wondering if i need the NARIC confirmation. The only problem is that its not an easy task to get a letter from my uni, as they don't pay any attention to requests not made in person.

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri May 25, 2018 7:44 pm

If your form is a VAF form, then you can find a pretty handy reference sheet from gov.uk.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-to-vaf8b
There are other guidance documents available on gov.uk as well, including some neat outlines of financial requirements and what to include as supporting documents (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a)

Re: payslips, you will need to include both your own and your partner's payslips to prove that you meet the financial requirements.

Re: language requirement, it's entirely based on your country of origin. I don't have much personal guidance there since the United States is exempt from the English requirement. Sorry. :(

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm

The FM-SE states the following:

(c) if the qualification was awarded by an educational establishment outside the UK, an original document from UK NARIC which confirms that the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK and was taught or researched in English to level A1 or A2 (as the case may be) of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages or above.

Where was your degree done? If it was outside the UK, even if it was taught in English, you need the NARIC certificate.
You said you had the degree certificate and transcript? I believe that may be all NARIC require to issue the certificate (though you should check their website) but when my husband applied he didn't need a letter from the university.
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx

You shouldn't assume that you can just use your degree since you have used it before. The immigration routes are different and have different requirements so you need to meet the requirements of the FLR(M) route now, regardless of what was acceptable previously.

petu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by petu » Tue May 29, 2018 5:10 pm

TanJL wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm
The FM-SE states the following:

(c) if the qualification was awarded by an educational establishment outside the UK, an original document from UK NARIC which confirms that the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK and was taught or researched in English to level A1 or A2 (as the case may be) of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages or above.

Where was your degree done? If it was outside the UK, even if it was taught in English, you need the NARIC certificate.
You said you had the degree certificate and transcript? I believe that may be all NARIC require to issue the certificate (though you should check their website) but when my husband applied he didn't need a letter from the university.
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx

You shouldn't assume that you can just use your degree since you have used it before. The immigration routes are different and have different requirements so you need to meet the requirements of the FLR(M) route now, regardless of what was acceptable previously.
thanks for your reply. my degree was outside the UK and naric have asked for the letter. quite annoying considering the transcript clearly states the info they require. is your husband's uni a UK one?

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Wed May 30, 2018 12:50 pm

My husbands degree was from a university in Australia, but when we applied at the end of 2016, the NARIC website was very different so perhaps the requirements have changed slightly.
If you're having trouble getting the necessary information from your university, perhaps it would be easier to sit the IELTS exam?