ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from HMRC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drrushabh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Letter from HMRC

Post by drrushabh » Sun May 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello All,

I have been on Tier 2 General and I have always been in a salaried job.

In 2016, I changed job and in November 2017, I received a letter from HMRC saying that I had paid less tax. Their explanation was that my previous employer had paid tax on medical insurance on £50 instead of £200. Since I fall under 40% bracket, I will have to pay tax on £150 at 40% which comes down to £60.

The letter said that I do not have to do anything and HMRC will take this money from my current tax in 12 equal installments.

DO I need to worry about it when I apply for ILR?

Best Regards,

R

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Letter from HMRC

Post by cyclina1 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:45 pm

are you paying tax via PAYE? if so, no need to worry!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

drrushabh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by drrushabh » Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Yes, I pay tax via PAYE.

Thank you, this is reassuring.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 am

drrushabh wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:23 pm
Hello All,

I have been on Tier 2 General and I have always been in a salaried job.

In 2016, I changed job and in November 2017, I received a letter from HMRC saying that I had paid less tax. Their explanation was that my previous employer had paid tax on medical insurance on £50 instead of £200. Since I fall under 40% bracket, I will have to pay tax on £150 at 40% which comes down to £60.

The letter said that I do not have to do anything and HMRC will take this money from my current tax in 12 equal installments.

DO I need to worry about it when I apply for ILR?

Best Regards,

R
Not your problem. Be assured, as I receive such letters every year and it clearly says no action on my part and HMRC adjusts my tax code simply.

drrushabh
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by drrushabh » Wed May 30, 2018 4:58 am

Thank you, this puts my mind at ease.