ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am i a UK resident?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lexy
Newly Registered

am i a UK resident?

Post by lexy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:56 pm

i need to buy travel insurance online that requires me to be a full time UK resident

i am south african and have been in the uk for one year on a working holiday makers visa.#

is 'full time resident' something official, or does it just mean that i live in the UK?

i can't find anywhere else to answer this

thank you

EDIT: found the answer, turns out i am, as i have been here for more than six months

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm

I used to be a travel insurance sales consultant. The reason why they ask if you a UK resident is to identify port of return if repatriation is required for unforeseen circumstances. You can safely say that are a UK resident but bare in mind if anything should go wrong whilst you are on holiday they will only repatriate you back to the UK and not to south africa.