ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More Tier 2 Application Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Porkypig
Australia

VFS Global Process form Australia

Post by Porkypig » Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 am

Hi there

Can anyone please help explain the process for a family (2 adults and 3 children) to apply for visa through VFS global?

We're looking at a tier 2 visa and have the sponsorship certificate (RCOS) for one adult already (rest will be dependents), but we are not within 3 mths of start date just yet.

Can we register with VFS global prior to the 3 mths of start date? And can we start filling out the application too?

Do we submit the application online, and then book an appointment?

Does the 3mth rule apply to when the application is submitted online, or the appointment booked?

For example, if the start date is 1st October 2018, can we submit our application online via VFS in June and then book the appointment on say 10th of July - within the 3 mths?

Also, does each member of the family (including children) need to have an account on VFS to submit their own application? Or is it just one account, for all the visa applications?

Thanks in advance!

Hopeful42
Singapore

Re: VFS Global Process form Australia

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 am

You can’t apply until 3 months before your intended travel date. That means your online application where you pay your fees, put in your RCoS number, etc. So if your intended date of travel is the 1st of October you can’t apply until the 1st of July at the earliest.

There’s absolutely nothing you can or need to do before that 3 months before you travel. You can only book your appointment after you’ve done the online application which you can’t do for 3 months until travel.

In Australia you can usually get an appointment within a week of submitting your online application. At least that was the case for me using the Sydney office a couple of years ago and I’ve heard it’s still exactly the same.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri May 11, 2018 6:49 am

Porkypig wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 am
Hi there

Can anyone please help explain the process for a family (2 adults and 3 children) to apply for visa through VFS global?

We're looking at a tier 2 visa and have the sponsorship certificate (RCOS) for one adult already (rest will be dependents), but we are not within 3 mths of start date just yet.

Can we register with VFS global prior to the 3 mths of start date? And can we start filling out the application too?

Do we submit the application online, and then book an appointment?

Does the 3mth rule apply to when the application is submitted online, or the appointment booked?

For example, if the start date is 1st October 2018, can we submit our application online via VFS in June and then book the appointment on say 10th of July - within the 3 mths?

Also, does each member of the family (including children) need to have an account on VFS to submit their own application? Or is it just one account, for all the visa applications?

Thanks in advance!
I hope RCoS is not yet assigned Your sponsor already have it in hand - and they have 3 months validity from the date of allocation to assign

for eg: if RCoS got allocated in April (say 15-Apr), then he have time till 15-July

And from the date of assignment to you it is valid for 3 months

for eg: If RCoS is assigned to you on 15-June, it will be valid till 15-Sep

You can fill you application anytime, but application date is considered the date on which you payed fee. Again, if you start date is too far, it is not worth filling application now - as application left filled with out paying for 2 months or so (not very sure) will be deleted.

For example (let us take 1-Oct as start date - as you referred), so till 2-Jul you shouldn't pay for your application, so you can come into the 3 month window

Hope I clarified your doubt!

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for your help

(I just made up the dates so that its a little less identifying)

So the date we pay the fee needs to be within the 3mth window (3 months or 90 days?)

Thanks again

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

Hi There

Just another question, is it worthwhile paying for the VFS Global service where they check the application and documentation?

Or is it worthwhile to get a company like xxxxxxx to assist with the application?

OR is staightfoward and easy enough to do it ourselves without the checks?

And can they reject you if your passport shows a middle name, but the COS does not show the middle name?

Thanks again

Porkypig
Australia

Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by Porkypig » Sun May 27, 2018 7:27 am

Hi all,

I have a few questions for my tier 2 application, any help is greatly appreciated

- We are planning on applying as a family - I've added my spouse and dependents, saying that they will be travelling with me, on my application form. Do I need to start new applications for them also? Or is it sufficient to have them in my application as spouse and dependents?
- The application form also asks for details about my parents, which I don't know exactly (and am not on speaking terms with them, so can't ask). I have a rough idea, but can't be 100% sure it is what is documented in their travel documents. Do you know if this will impact the outcome?
- VFS global offer some premium services for applying (which I was hoping to utilise) but didn't know if I had to pay for it once (for the whole family) or pay for it for each person (i.e. my spouse and dependents as well)? Are these premium service fee's per person or will one fee cover all of us?

Thanks in advance

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by ashishkm » Sun May 27, 2018 8:43 am

You have to fill seperate applications for each
You have to pay for each (application fee, ihs, vfs premium facility fee, or any additional service if u use ....Have to pay separately)

And reg ur parents details...It's is good to give details accurately especially if they official documents like passport, aadhar etc...

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Sun May 27, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks for the reply, just wondering, I don’t see any tier 2 dependent visa option to select in the drop down when I start my dependents application

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:12 am

It depends what you are selecting as the first 3 options for visa category.

It should be :

>Work
>> Tier 2
>>> Spouse/Partner up to or more than 3 years (whichever is applicable).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 am

Thank you! I’ve found it

Porkypig
Australia

More Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by Porkypig » Sun May 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi There, me again, just have another couple of tier 2 questions..

- my name on my CoS does not include my middle name, however the name on my passport does. so :
CoS: John Doe
Passport: John Dory Doe
Will my application be rejected for this? And how easy is it to change the CoS to include my middle name, if I had to do that?

- in the family details section there are two sections: Dependent Children and Non-Dependent children. Under Non-Dependent Children, it asks the question: are you travelling with any other children? When I'm completing my child's tier 2 application form, do I need to say yes to the this question (as they will be travelling with their siblings)? Or does this question refer to offspring who are of a non-dependent age (i.e over 18), in which case I would say no.

Thanks again for any help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: More Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.