ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

have you previously had any medical treatment in the uk?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhineshkumar23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

have you previously had any medical treatment in the uk?

Post by dhineshkumar23 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:44 am

Hi All

I am applying visitor visa to UK for my dad. While filling the application it is asking for have you previously had any medical treatment in the UK? Actually, last time when my dad came to the UK we have visited GP out of hours/minor injuries department. The doctor prescribed some medicine and told my dad don't need any further test. We didn't pay for medicine as we stay in Scotland (prescription is free for us). Could anyone please clarify that I am going to put we have been to GP for a visit and also the UKBA website says GP visit is free for the visitor. Is that ok? Please help

Thanks in advance

honey2008
United Kingdom

Re: have you previously had any medical treatment in the uk?

Post by honey2008 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:03 am

Best is to write an e-mail to this effect to NHS and seek their reply....if they say Yes then pay and take a copy of receipt. In either case attach a copy of this e-mail communicationwith your dads visa application.

This is what I did for my in law's application but I was sure that I had to pay for medicines/treatment and I attached copy of payment receipt with her subsequent application which was approved without any complications..

Hope it helps

Ta
Honey

dhineshkumar23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: have you previously had any medical treatment in the uk?

Post by dhineshkumar23 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply and help.

I've looked for NHS email. I couldn't find any. Could you please provide any information regarding NHS email?