ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhi2186

Urgent help needed

Post by abhi2186 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 pm

Hello guys,
I have a query regarding my tier 2 extension application, i got tier 2 application accepted on 2nd august 2017 which is going to end in 1st august 2018. Now i got extension with the same employer with the same SOC code. Rmlt exempt. And i recieved cos for further 4 more years till august 2022 from august 1st 2018. And on COS they marked “N” for maintanence funds. . So now my question do i need to show maintanence funds for both me and dependent or do i need not show maintanence funds. When i filled my application they asked only following documents
CoS
Two passport size photo graphs
And application for extension
IHS fees
So please gimme geuine reply
So that i can process my application as earliest
Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help needed

Post by dontringthebell » Sun May 27, 2018 2:30 am

Simply ask your sponsor if they certified your maintenance or not, if not then yes you need to.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Sun May 27, 2018 3:20 am

abhi2186 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 pm
Hello guys,
I have a query regarding my tier 2 extension application, i got tier 2 application accepted on 2nd august 2017 which is going to end in 1st august 2018. Now i got extension with the same employer with the same SOC code. Rmlt exempt. And i recieved cos for further 4 more years till august 2022 from august 1st 2018. And on COS they marked “N” for maintanence funds. . So now my question do i need to show maintanence funds for both me and dependent or do i need not show maintanence funds. When i filled my application they asked only following documents
CoS
Two passport size photo graphs
And application for extension
IHS fees
So please gimme geuine reply
So that i can process my application as earliest
Thanks
If sponsor says N....then Yes you obviously need to show funds I believe!

abhi2186

Post by abhi2186 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 am

But when i read the policy guidance point no 172. If you are already on tier 2 visa. You will get 10 points awarded.. so i am confused.. can any experts clarify my doubt before proceeding..
Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 am

Maintenance requirements have to be met either by sponsor or applicant .... If your sponsor is not then you need to.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

abhi2186

Post by abhi2186 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:52 pm

I know.. but as per my knowledge.. no need to show.. awaiting for further people answers

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Mon May 28, 2018 8:01 am

abhi2186 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:52 pm
I know.. but as per my knowledge.. no need to show.. awaiting for further people answers
Copy directly from my Tier 2 Change of Employer Application which I have just made recently:

Information you do not have to provide:
    You do not need to prove you meet the required level of English because you have current leave in Tier 2 leave to remain, or had leave in the past
      You do not need to prove maintenance because you have current leave in Tier 2 (General) leave to remain

Plus if you do need to provide it will ask you specifically in the Mandatory Documents section

abhi2186

Post by abhi2186 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Thanks pal.. i really appreciate it.. how about dependents. Do we need to show maintanence..