ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term visit visa for mother from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Long term visit visa for mother from Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi I am British citizen, I want to apply 5years visit visa for my mother she lives in Pakistan. She visited me 3 times in the last 9 years. Last time she visited me in 2014 stayed in the Uk for 4 months, she had 2 years visit visa in 2014 which was expired in 2016. I need advise can I apply 5years visit visa this time? I am wondering she didn’t visit me in the last 3 years will this be ok?

2nd question about the supporting documents, I have never submitted bank statements from her side in the last 3 applications, do I need to submit this time?

3rd her financial status, she is widowed, she have property on her name and also having rent from the property. I have mentioned this in previous applications, my on brother live with her and also support her in her living expenses. Sometimes I send her money for her shopping or gifts too. But she is getting enough money from the rented property. I will provide her property documents n rental property evidence too. Will these enough to support her application?
In the last my husband n me paying for all the travel expenses including her visa fees, tickets, accommodation, shopping etc.
From our side we will be providing Sponsor letter, tenancy agreement, bank statements my husband and mine British passports copies.
Please advise I want to apply as soon as possible.
Regards

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Long term visit visa for mother from Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi H

Considering the cost of the visa application you should think is it really worth applying for the 5 year visa.

I can see recently the HO have come up with new reasons to reject people’s visas specially cases where a person is widowed and doesn’t have stable financial instruments (income/property/savings). Ultimately the HO declaring they don’t believe that the person has a reason to go back.

So as long as you can justify that your Mum will go back in 6 months (which I believe is difficult to make the visa officer understand) you’ll be fine.

However from my observation of this forum I’d advise you not to go for a 5 year visa but instead a 6 month one.

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Faheems1 thank u so much for the reply. I just want to add that she had previously visited me n stayed within the limit. She never stayed more the 4-5 months, even last time she has 2years visa but she came onece for 4 months. Isn't this is valid reason that she will go back because she has family ties in back home?
For her financial status I can provide home documents and rented property tenancy agreement and proof of rent too, which she is receiving cash. She have bank statement for more than 3years but I have never submitted this before, when first time HO refused her visa we win the appeal and they granted the visa.
But honestly I am afraid this time to apply because it is 4 years gap. What u think can I apply 2years again insited of 5 years?
Thanks in advance

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:43 pm

I’d be honest, like anyone I can only guess.

I do believe your case is strong but it’s just lately I have seen bizarre rejections around widowers.

I personally wanted to apply a 5 year visa for my parents but applied for a 6 month visa cuz in any case I won’t lose the fees as high as that 5 year one. My parents case is stronger but I’m still quite scared. Will let you know of the reply. As of now I’d advice you the same too - 6 months visa.

Having said that, put as many proofs of her ties back Home and mention at as many places (there are 2 maybe 3 places on the form for additional info)

Also write in a cover letter her circumstances (in positive light) and yours too. SAY why it’s a good idea for her to visit and not you (your active job, her income for not working)

It’s just a guessing game really

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:21 am

Hi H

My parents were granted the visit visa for 6 months. They said a lot of people were getting their visa but obviously each case is decided on its own merits.

Hope the best for you.

F

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi faheems1,
Congratulations it’s a good news pray for me as well, I am planing to apply next month.
Did u submitted your parents bank statements? And also what supporting documents did u submit?
Best regards

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Heres what I included:
PART 1 - Application
a. Visa Application forms of dad, mum, sister
b. Current and previous passports for the 3 applicants
c. National Identity Card – English Translated – 3 applicants

PART 2 - Sponsor's finances and accommodation