ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa (Inviting Parents): Some Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruzbeh
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Visitor Visa (Inviting Parents): Some Questions

Post by ruzbeh » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello all,

I am looking to invite my parents for a 4 weeks visit to UK at the end of July. I am currently on Tier 2 Visa. My wife and I will be sponsoring my parents. I have read few threads in this forum, and got an idea of the documents need the provided with the application.
Apart from the default documents, following docs will be provided with both the applications:
Marriage certificate, Property documents, Banks statements, Covering letter, Sponsor's letter, Sponsor's passport and BRP copies, payslips, bank statements, accommodation proof, utility bill.

However, I have few confusions on some of the documents:

1) I would like to provide the cost of visiting to UK. Our savings are kept in one account, which is in my wife's name. If the invitation letter is written by myself (will mention about my wife), will that be an issue? Presumably, I would have to put my wife's details in the application form as her bank statements will be given i.e. 'Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?'. It is worth mentioning that we will both be able to provide pay slips and employment confirmation letter.

2) For accommodation proof, is council tax letter enough? My tenancy agreement expired six months ago, and we are currently on a rolling contract.

3) My dad is retired. The source of income is property rent, fixed deposits and savings. My mom is dependent on my dad. However, she can show fixed deposit and property rent under her name as well. Fixed deposit statements/bonds can be provided as a proof of income. Will that be acceptable? Do they have to provide 3 months or 6 months statements.

4) My elder brother is back home. Shall I ask my parents to put that in the cover letter as proof for returning back?

5) As I don't have any significant savings in my account. Do I need to provide my bank statements?

Any suggestions would be really helpful, as I am preparing all the documents. Many thanks.