ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no. of applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajithmkumar
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Different Passports

Post by ajithmkumar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 am

Hi

I am divorced and recently married to an Indian girl who has a 8 year old daughter. My wife is a doctor by profession. I am planning to apply for a spouse visa but my situation is bit tricky as each of us hold different passports.

I hold a British passport, my wife holds an Indian passport and her daughter holds US passport. My wife has Joint legal custody and primary physical custody of her daughter.

Please help me with the below clarifications and appreciate if you can share your experiences if you had a similar situation.

1. Can my wife bring her daughter along as she only has physical custody?
2. What additional documents should be submitted to prove custody of daughter?
3. Do we need to submit different applications for mother and daughter due to different passports?
4. What are the current processing times?

Thanks
Aj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - Different Passports

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am

1. Can my wife bring her daughter along as she only has physical custody?
As she has joint custody, it will likely complicate things a little. See sole responsibility (click)
2. What additional documents should be submitted to prove custody of daughter?
See #1 above.
3. Do we need to submit different applications for mother and daughter due to different passports?
Each person applying has to submit an application. 2 forms, 2 Appendix 2's.
4. What are the current processing times?
It can take a few weeks or a few months, depending on where they apply from (you don't state where they currently are).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajithmkumar
Newly Registered

no. of applications

Post by ajithmkumar » Tue May 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi

My wife is in the process of applying for a partner visa along with her daughter (8 years old & born from previous relationship) in India.

As per this link, children can be added to the application form as dependant.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct that my wife can submit one application form with daughter as dependant or if there are other factors to be taken into consideration which requires us to submit two different applications.

Thanks
A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: no. of applications

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm

My understanding is that it is 2 applications and 2 appendix 2's.

Have you got the 'sole responsibility' issue sorted??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.