ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 Entrepreneur within UK with access to £200,000 from a Third Party residing outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rps4you
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 Entrepreneur within UK with access to £200,000 from a Third Party residing outside UK

Post by rps4you » Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 pm

HI Guys
I have a situation here.
Currently, on Tier-2 Visa, working as an Operational Manager at a Textile firm in the UK.
I have been given a clearance and 60 days notice - either to switch to another Tier-2 sponsor or Switch to another category or go back to home country.

I have one of my connection (residing outside the UK) having access to more than £200,000 who is willing to sponsor me via third party arrangement mode.

When I was reading the rules, for Tier-1 Entrepreneur Application I think I must be a director of a company while I put my initial application with home-office. But technically can I be a director of a company / Self-employed while I am on a Tier-2 (general) category visa???

I am in the UK and would like to apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur while in the country.

Also, do my sponsor need to transfer fund to me in the UK for my initial application or can he give me an affidavit that this money will be made available to me to be invested into the UK upon successful acceptance of my application? I am really confused and the time is ticking - I just got 1 month left over in my hands to figure this out.

Can you guys please help/guide me???

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 Entrepreneur within UK with access to £200,000 from a Third Party residing outside U

Post by zimba » Tue May 29, 2018 1:56 pm

First of all you can stay in the UK and switch as long as you have Tier 2 visa or until the time stated on your Tier 2 curtailment letter :!:

Start by reading the Tier 1E official guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
rps4you wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 pm
When I was reading the rules, for Tier-1 Entrepreneur Application I think I must be a director of a company while I put my initial application with home-office. But technically can I be a director of a company / Self-employed while I am on a Tier-2 (general) category visa???
You do not need to be director of a company to apply for Tier 1E visa
Also, do my sponsor need to transfer fund to me in the UK for my initial application or can he give me an affidavit that this money will be made available to me to be invested into the UK upon successful acceptance of my application? I am really confused and the time is ticking - I just got 1 month left over in my hands to figure this out.
The guide tells you clearly what you need
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nbandla
Mood:
India

Re: Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-1 Entrepreneur within UK with access to £200,000 from a Third Party residing outside U

Post by nbandla » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi

Can you point me to ounce where tier 2 G visa holder cannot be director of a company please ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 29, 2018 3:04 pm

nbandla wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi

Can you point me to ounce where tier 2 G visa holder cannot be director of a company please ?
It does not. However the Tier 2 conditions of stay prevent you from working for anyone except your sponsor.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nbandla
Mood:
India

Post by nbandla » Tue May 29, 2018 3:06 pm

I should have mentioned this point in my initial reply.

So what if a person working for tier 2 sponsor and owns a business, but does not work for that business or does not take any salary or profits (if any)?

At one point in tier 2 Guidelines, it states, an applicant should not own more than 10% equity from the company who are sponsoring visa, that means he can own shares from a company and can be in directors group ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm

nbandla wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:06 pm
I should have mentioned this point in my initial reply.

So what if a person working for tier 2 sponsor and owns a business, but does not work for that business or does not take any salary or profits (if any)?

At one point in tier 2 Guidelines, it states, an applicant should not own more than 10% equity from the company who are sponsoring visa, that means he can own shares from a company and can be in directors group ?
Can you please either start your own topic or post in one you already have rather than tagging onto another members thread.

See point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nbandla
Mood:
India

Post by nbandla » Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

My Apologies

but i had to ask this question in same thread as people who read this thread will come into conclusion that tier 2 holders cant be directors as this is definitely not the case.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm

nbandla wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm
My Apologies

but i had to ask this question in same thread as people who read this thread will come into conclusion that tier 2 holders cant be directors as this is definitely not the case.
If you knew the answer, you did not have to ask a question. Instead, you could have just pointed out that the OP had a fact wrong and corrected the OP.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.