ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IVF on Spousal Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hurrimark
Newly Registered

IVF on Spousal Visa

Post by hurrimark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:41 am

Hi there,

My wifes spousal visa was granted in 2015(i'm a UK national) and we have been paying an NHS surcharge.
Are we entitled to free IVF treatment on this visa? The hospital haven't said anything to the affect that we are not and haven't checked any documents like passports e.t.c

thank you very much!

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: IVF on Spousal Visa

Post by equitydealer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 am

Yes you are entitled to free IVF treatment as long as you meet your local CCG/NHS criteria.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 am
Yes you are entitled to free IVF treatment as long as you meet your local CCG/NHS criteria.

Not quite:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitle ... alth-guide

The National Health Service (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 and Guidance on overseas visitors hospital charging regulations 2017 outline the following services in the NHS which are currently free of charge irrespective of country of normal residence.... family planning services (does not include the termination of pregnancy or infertility treatment)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ctober.pdf
5.2. Payment of the health surcharge entitles the payer to NHS-funded healthcare on a similar basis as someone who is ordinarily resident. They are entitled to NHS services free at the point of use, including NHS hospital care, with, from 21 August 2017, the exception of assisted conception services (e.g. IVF) (see paragraph 5.16). They must also pay for services for which a UK ordinary resident must also pay,
such as dentistry and prescriptions in England, unless they also meet the particular
exemption criteria of those services

Assisted conception services
5.15 Since 21 August 2017, those exempt from charge under Regulation 10 (health surcharge arrangements) or 11 (transitional arrangements) are not exempt from charge in relation to assisted conception services.
5.16.Assisted conception services are defined in the Charging Regulations as any
medical, surgical or obstetric services provided for the purpose of assisting a person
to carry a child. Broadly speaking, this means any medicines, surgery or procedures
that are required to diagnose and treat infertility so a person can have a child. It
includes procedures such as intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilisation (IVF)
and egg and sperm donation.

5.23. Where two people are seeking assisted conception services with NHS funding,
and one of the two people is covered by health surcharge arrangements and the other is ordinarily resident in the UK and therefore not subject to charge, the services required by the health surcharge payer will be chargeable. Any services required by the ordinarily resident person will continue to be freely available, subject to the established local or national commissioning arrangements.

My comment: The last point (5.23) is very odd because with IVF treatment, you are treated as a couple, so I am not sure how any services between the two people can be counted separately...

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 pm

It just makes it so confusing ...

Baloch
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baloch » Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello .im quite new here .actually I'm non uk member.im on spouse visa .But my husband has British passport.im on infertility treatment but they want me to recommend for ivf .is anyone got ivf treatment on spouse visa.please reply .

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue May 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Baloch wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 pm
Hello .im quite new here .actually I'm non uk member.im on spouse visa .But my husband has British passport.im on infertility treatment but they want me to recommend for ivf .is anyone got ivf treatment on spouse visa.please reply .
I am sure there are some people who have - but expect to be charged.

Baloch
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baloch » Tue May 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Actually we paid for our health sur charge.nd during treatment they did not ask me for any pay expect prescription.now I did not respond on medicines.so they reffered me for ivf.toady one of member told me might b they charge me becouse I'have spouse visaò.

Baloch
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baloch » Tue May 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Baloch wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:29 pm
No need to repeat the same question. Someone will respond if and when they are able to answer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:19 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 pm
Not free.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Addyzworld1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Addyzworld1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:53 pm

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Documents ... thcare.pdf

Document worth reading ... NHS treatment is not a public fund for immigration purposes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Addyzworld1 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:53 pm
http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Documents ... thcare.pdf

Document worth reading ... NHS treatment is not a public fund for immigration purposes
Not sure why you tagged onto an old topic.

Everyone knows NHS is not public funds, however IVF is not free as vinny's link indicates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.