ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Title Change and Pay Increase Querey

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu.raju457

Title Change and Pay Increase Querey

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi Experts & Gurus

This forum was always great help when i was need. I need your expertise again.

Can some body please shed some light on my queries.

Due to the change in the team structure in the department my manager decided to change the title of my role from Document Engineer to Professional Services Developer and giving a 2k pay rise. This change is not just for me few people in the department getting various levels of the pay rise depending on their experience and skills. My roles are staying more or less same my daily tasks remains the same. Do my HR need to report this in the SMS to Home office.

i may be negotiate my pay rise to increase more because of the skill levels i have. i have received this letter today stating the change will be implemented from 1st of June 2018.

Does this impact anything on my ILR due course in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Title Change and Pay Increase Querey

Post by Djsuccess » Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 pm

raghu.raju457 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm
Do my HR need to report this in the SMS to Home office.
Yes. change in job title must be reported with the associated salary increase. It is important for your sponsor to mention that the new job title is in the same SOC code and that the job description remains the same.

Your sponsor will need to explain clearly and convincingly because if you ask me, I will say the new role is different. If UKVI feels that the new role is not the same as your current role, then your company will need to carry out RLMT and you will need to make another application. whichever way, the change must be reported within the next 10 days

Does this impact anything on my ILR due course in the future.
No, it doesn't as long as you meet the requirements for ILR whenever you are qualified to apply.

Thanks in advance for your help
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Djsuccess

Thanks for your reply.

My roles are not changing it's only the title changing (in a way company changing the title how its called) apart from that the roles and responsibilities are changing.

Can you also clarify me on the below.

I am in the process of negotiation to get the senior position and more pay rise. if i am success in doing that do i need to make new application or just add sponsor note on this

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed May 30, 2018 3:12 pm

raghu.raju457 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am
Hi Djsuccess

Thanks for your reply.

My roles are not changing it's only the title changing (in a way company changing the title how its called) apart from that the roles and responsibilities are changing.

Can you also clarify me on the below.

I am in the process of negotiation to get the senior position and more pay rise. if i am success in doing that do i need to make new application or just add sponsor note on this

Thanks
You don't need to make a new application if you were promoted with a salary increase, provided the promoted role is in the same SOC as the lower role. As with change of job title, UKVI must be informed about the promotion and pay rise via SMS
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.