ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for settlement visa without wage slips??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSS

Applying for settlement visa without wage slips??

Post by MSS » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Ive recently started working and want to apply for my husband's visa again which was refused last year. The problem is that at the moment my contract is only lasting up until july 31st, and then there is a chance it may turn into a permanent position - could I apply for his visa, by submitting the company contract now? Or could I apply with a month or 2 month wage slips? I havent seen my husband for nearly a year now, so I'm kind of desperate to see him again, as you can imagine.

Also, I'm getting working tax credits and the child element, to help with my baby's childcare - last time I checked on here, someone replied that it shouldnt be a problem, but it seems the law is changing all the time, so is it still ok to receive these?

Finally, I'm living with my father and don't pay rent or anything - it is a 3 bedroom house, owned by my father, but the mortgage is being paid monthly by my brother. Only my father, my baby and I live here. Will the ECO see this as third party support?

I would really appreciate it if I could get some helpful information on what kind of documents to submit and if any laws have changed regarding spouse settlement visa that I should know about. THanks.

a1isha
Newly Registered

Post by a1isha » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:35 pm

According to the guidelines i would definately say that your home is defintely not overcrowded so you should be fine on that. it sounds a bit complicated when you say you live with your dad but your brother pays mortgage. don't know how you'll evidence that. Also working tax credit is for low income earners and i have always viewed it as a public fund. maybe wrong on this one (and everything else). Child tax credit element you can get even if you are earning 45k but working tax credit is almost most certainly if your in a low income threshold. Having said that when i got my hubby's visa almost 7 years ago i was only on 10500 annually and on a 10 month contract. luckily for me my workplace did me a letter that stated that i was likely to go permanent.

With regards to your application, i would wait for wage slips and be 100% confident in my paperwork evidence before submitting. I know its hard being apart especially when you have a baby but they do say absence makes the heart grow fonder (though it may kill you in the process, lol). my hubby was not here when i had my baby, i just made sure my son had a photo of him in his cot or nearby so that when my hunny arrived he wouldn't look unfamilair, lol

Regards :D