ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Date of Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itmanager
Mood:
India

ILR Date of Issue

Post by itmanager » Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 pm

I recently got my ILR. Home Office sent 2 separate posts.
1st Post = Passport + Letter dated 1st March 2018 ( it says These Notes are information purpose only and does not convey the grant of ILR)
2nd Post = BRP card with letter ( Solicitor lost it and no one has seen this BRP)

I applied for BRP via PEO and successful and got my BRP Card now. The New BRP card says issue date as 24th May 2018.

So on what date of 2019 I am eligible to apply for Naturalization ?
2March2019 or 25May2019 ?

Thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Date of Issue

Post by dontringthebell » Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm

2nd March 2019.

The letter which you got with your passport confirms the day you were granted ILR.

I attended my ILR appointment at Birmingham PEO on 9th March 2016 however, due to some reasons they couldn't record my wife's biometrics and we were called again next day, but provided the letter same day.

Previously during extension application at the same they misspelt the name on biometric and had to change it, the new brp carried different date of issue but we went by the date we were issued our extension for future applications.

You can also do a SAR Request, or write to them explaining your situation and they would confirm to you in writing.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 pm

itmanager wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 pm
I recently got my ILR. Home Office sent 2 separate posts.
1st Post = Passport + Letter dated 1st March 2018 ( it says These Notes are information purpose only and does not convey the grant of ILR)
2nd Post = BRP card with letter ( Solicitor lost it and no one has seen this BRP)

I applied for BRP via PEO and successful and got my BRP Card now. The New BRP card says issue date as 24th May 2018.

So on what date of 2019 I am eligible to apply for Naturalization ?
2March2019 or 25May2019 ?

Thank you

ACtually 1st Mrch 2019

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Tue May 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Thank you guys.

whom should I write (any correct email address) and how long does it take them to respond ?

I think SAR will be long process and some money need to paid for that. last time I had my SAR it took 3-4 months :)

Thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed May 30, 2018 2:48 am

You can write to home office address given in SET O guidance notes.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Wed May 30, 2018 1:56 pm

There is no email address in SET O Guidance other than gov website :)