ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a baby born to parents on Tier 2 (General) visa require a visa??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khan26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Does a baby born to parents on Tier 2 (General) visa require a visa??

Post by Khan26 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am on a Tier 2 (General) visa and expecting a baby in Dec 2017. I will be applying for my ILR in Jul 2018. I do not plan to travel out of UK prior to getting my ILR.

Q1: Do I need to apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa for my baby before I apply for ILR?
Q2: Is it true that the NHS treatment for new borns is only free upto 3 months and afterwards it costs 150% of the standard NHS cost if the baby doesn't have a valid visa?

Can someone help me please.

Regards

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Does a baby born to parents on Tier 2 (General) visa require a visa??

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Khan26 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm
Hi,

I am on a Tier 2 (General) visa and expecting a baby in Dec 2017. I will be applying for my ILR in Jul 2018. I do not plan to travel out of UK prior to getting my ILR.

Q1: Do I need to apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa for my baby before I apply for ILR?
If you do not intend to travel outside UK until your ILR, then visa is not required for the baby.

Q2: Is it true that the NHS treatment for new borns is only free upto 3 months and afterwards it costs 150% of the standard NHS cost if the baby doesn't have a valid visa?
I dont think this will apply since the baby will be born in UK. Maybe others can comment on this.

Can someone help me please.

Regards

nitishg
Newly Registered
India

Re: Does a baby born to parents on Tier 2 (General) visa require a visa??

Post by nitishg » Wed May 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Can any one help regarding this issue, I am also in the same situtaion ?

I talked to the NHS people and came to know that NHS will charge 150% of the total bill.

But how much will the baby vaccination will cost, that i am unable to find ? Any ideas in general how much it cost ?

Is there any private hospital in UK who can provide the vaccination for few months as i have to wait for transition period for 5 months in order to sort out my ILR and Baby British citizenship ?

Any reply will be much appreciated. Thanks