ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application eligibity for PBS Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Makka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application eligibity for PBS Dependents

Post by Makka » Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi Friends,

My wife is currently of Tier 2 (General) and now planning to apply for ILR. I came to UK as student (09/2009) and then got Post Study Work Visa ( 2 years). At the end of PSW, I then switched to PBS Dependent visa as my wife was on Tier 2 (General). My 5 years period as spouse will be completing in 01/2019. I am currently on PBS Dependent visa.
My question is " Do I also need to change my visa status along with my wife as she is applying for ILR?"

Thanks for your advice.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application eligibity for PBS Dependents

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 12:15 am

No, you don't, you may continue as PBS dependent and apply for ILR at the end of 5 year period
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Makka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Makka » Thu May 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks for your reply. Can I travel outside of UK (whilst on PBS Dependant) and come back. As anyone encountered any problems at the immigration counter.
Thanks for your advice.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 pm

Yes you can, your leave to remain is determined by the BRP you carry.

No issues.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI