ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Letter from previous employer 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bali_ari
Mood:
India

Work Letter from previous employer 2018

Post by bali_ari » Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for the support given till now which always helped me to proceed forward with my visa application successfully.

This time I need a help related to the Letter from previous employer.

I worked with a employer from July 2013 till ~July 2014, then I worked with different employers in the periods of 2014-2015 with another , 2015-2017 with another then with present employer 2017-till date. [no gaps under Tier 2 general ].

I have got letters from all the employers from July 2014 till date related to my absences which will be less than 18 days for the past 5 years.i.e. for the details of absences outside UK that it is paid and in line with the contract except the first employer with whom I worked from July 2013 to 2014.

For the employer with whom I worked from July 2013 till ~July 2014 Iam unable to get the letter mentioning the specific dates [ I took total leave of 9 days [7+2] with them ] which includes two overseas travel. This travel was sponsored and taken care by the employer itself at that time. When i approached them, they are saying they don't have the details of the dates as it is too old and can provide a reference letter of employment only. But I have everything to prove that it is related to the work and should I need the letter from them.

Please advice whether I can provide the details of the travel for that period through evidences such as project meeting emails and conference details.

They are bit grumpy and unable to provide a clear answer and infact it is a small concern.

Please provide your suggestion's as Iam going to submit my application shortly.

Many thanks in advance,

bali_ari

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Work Letter from previous employer 2018

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 am

You have very few absences anyway. Absences out of UK don't necessarily have to be for work only. Your employer does not need to say they were work-related, even if they certify you were employed and took approved leaves from work its fine.

If they still resist, just take the experience letter and state in a cover letter you unfortunately due to the amount of time gone by employer unable to confirm specific dates of leaves.

I don't think this would have an adverse effect on your application.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

bali_ari
Mood:
India

Post by bali_ari » Thu May 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello dontringthebell,

Finally I have got the letter through email as below :

"This is to confirm that Mr.XXX has been employed as XXX with XXxX from XXX 2013 to XXX 2014. During his period of employment he has been paid for all his leave taken which includes the absences to attend project/ business meetings and conference(s) trips overseas.

Should you need any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me."

This is a scanned letter and they have told to take a colour print out which would be suffice.

I did the print and do also requested them to send the same letter through post and the way they behaved was too atrocious.

I hope the above letter is suffice.

Please do advice.

Many thanks,

bali_ari

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Yes it would.

We all have to manage with difficult people sometime in life, important is you carry on and get what you want out of them. If your previous employer is not far off you may go to their office and collect the same, though even this would.

Don't forget to mention in cover letter that this is the only letter your previous employer would provide and hence if need be HO may contact them directly.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

bali_ari
Mood:
India

Post by bali_ari » Thu May 31, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I tried going there but as usual they said they will post it to my address (no body responded but receptionist gave a reply), very embarrassing...even though I emailed them..

Any way I got a reply that they have posted it. As you said keep calm and just move on...

On the other side I have booked premium appointment by this month i.e. June..so I hope I can go with all the letters that support and would given as they require for these days.

But I hope all papers are ready and I need to place them in correct order and double check everything.

Should I need to know any thing else please advice me.

Thanks,

bali_ari

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Get your application ready, don't worry, this is not going to be an issue, hope nothing else is.

Best of Luck!

bali_ari
Mood:
India

Post by bali_ari » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am

All done. ILR approved yesterday...in Sheffield..Thanks all for the support.!