ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any way to check the status of PBS dependent application status?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kUMARI16

Tier 2 Dependent Visa extension within UK

Post by kUMARI16 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi,

I need some advice on our current Visa situation, could you please go through below details and suggest us. Many thanks in advance!!

My wife is currently on Tier 2 Dependent Visa from Aug 2015 which is valid until June 2018. I am on ILR from Nov 2017, so now my wife wants to extend her Visa for another 2 years where she will be eligible for ILR. Also my daughter was born in 2016 in India and living with grandparents in India and now we are thinking to bring her to UK. So what would be the best approach to apply her Visa. Can we apply both Mother Visa extension and daughter Visa at the same time.

Lastly, what documents my wife need while going as Tier 2 Dependent though I am on ILR.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa extension within UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm

so now my wife wants to extend her Visa for another 2 years where she will be eligible for ILR.
She has to apply for a 3 year extension. She cannot apply for less.
Also my daughter was born in 2016 in India and living with grandparents in India and now we are thinking to bring her to UK. So what would be the best approach to apply her Visa.
Tier 2 dependent, same as spouse.
Can we apply both Mother Visa extension and daughter Visa at the same time.
Applications outside the UK are not extensions, but new entry clearance. Wife should extend within the UK and then child applies from outside the UK for entry clearance so that visa is issued in line with mother's visa.
Lastly, what documents my wife need while going as Tier 2 Dependent though I am on ILR.
Maintenance funds
Proof of subsisting relationship and cohabitation etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you for your quick response.

Maintenance we started maintaining up-to £900 in wife's bank account.

When you say "Proof of subsisting relationship and cohabitation etc.",For cohabitation, does council bill, tenancy agreement,marriage cert would be OK? but how long from the past we have to show bills, please suggest.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm
Hi CR001,

Thank you for your quick response.

Maintenance we started maintaining up-to £900 in wife's bank account. You need to show maintenance for child too.

When you say "Proof of subsisting relationship and cohabitation etc.",For cohabitation, does council bill, tenancy agreement,marriage cert would be OK? but how long from the past we have to show bills, please suggest. Yes plus utility bills, NHS letters etc for last 2 years.

Thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi CR001,

Once again, Many thanks for quick response.

May I know where I should show maintenance either in India or UK for baby?

Thanks.

kUMARI16

PBS Dependant Extension (Husband on ILR through Tier 2 general route)

Post by kUMARI16 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi,

My wife living in UK from Aug 2015 on wards on PBS (Tier 2 Dependent) Visa and I am on ILR from 2017 which obtained through 5 year Tier 2 General route, now my wife planning to apply for another 3 years extension on PBS Dependant visa. We are using the following url https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner to apply for extension where we have the below questions from Online application. Could someone please answer to our queries below.

1. What is the length of Mr X Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? (WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE and I am on ILR)
a) 3 years or less b) more than 3 years

2. Has Mr X's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? (We have chosen NO and keeping Bank statements)
a)YES b)NO

Also can we apply for our child who lives outside UK at the same time or we have to apply as a separate application (I think its an entry clearance so we should apply separately once we get the wife's visa? Am I right?) please confirm.

Lastly, documents we are planning to submit are as follows...please suggest if we miss anything.

1.Passport
2.BRP
3.2 Photos
4.IHS payment reference
5.Bank statements showing £630 pounds maintenance
6.Utility bills for 2 years
7.Marriage certificate
8.Husband Passport and BRP card.

Many thanks in advance!!

kUMARI16

Tier 2 Dependant Extension

Post by kUMARI16 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a quick question on documents to submit with my wife application. I am currently on ILR and my wife is on Tier 2 Dependant visa. (I received my ILR through 5 year tier 2 route)

Do I need to submit my BRP(ILR) and my passport, marriage certificate with my wife Tier 2 dependant extension application ? Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Extension

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:43 pm

I used premium service so I also submitted when my wife applied ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: PBS Dependant Extension (Husband on ILR through Tier 2 general route)

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:49 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Hi,

My wife living in UK from Aug 2015 on wards on PBS (Tier 2 Dependent) Visa and I am on ILR from 2017 which obtained through 5 year Tier 2 General route, now my wife planning to apply for another 3 years extension on PBS Dependant visa. We are using the following url https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner to apply for extension where we have the below questions from Online application. Could someone please answer to our queries below.

1. What is the length of Mr X Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? (WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE and I am on ILR)
a) 3 years or less b) more than 3 years
As you are ILR, your wife extension will be 3 years. So you should choose (a), or you may pay more application fee and IHS surcharge.

2. Has Mr X's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? (We have chosen NO and keeping Bank statements) This is OK.
a)YES b)NO

Also can we apply for our child who lives outside UK at the same time or we have to apply as a separate application (I think its an entry clearance so we should apply separately once we get the wife's visa? Am I right?) please confirm. Separately. And your child cannot be over 18.

Lastly, documents we are planning to submit are as follows...please suggest if we miss anything.

1.Passport
2.BRP
3.2 Photos
4.IHS payment reference
5.Bank statements showing £630 pounds maintenance
6.Utility bills for 2 years
7.Marriage certificate
8.Husband Passport and BRP card.

Will be more than sufficient.

Many thanks in advance!!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

kUMARI16

Re: PBS Dependant Extension (Husband on ILR through Tier 2 general route)

Post by kUMARI16 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Thank you for your inputs.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 pm

we are applying through post and thinking of submitting husband passport and BRP (ILR). Is that OK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 pm

You can submit copies of ILR BRP and Passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:36 pm

@CR001 - Thank you for confirming

kUMARI16

Is there any way to check the status of PBS dependent application status?

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for PBS dependent Visa application extension on 5th June 2018 and we haven't received any correspondence from home office on our application status. Also I tried to call the home office to know about the application status but the automated voice says only dial if the visa applied 8 weeks before. So is there any way how we can check the Visa application status.

Please let me know. Many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is there any way to check the status of PBS dependent application status?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm
Hi,

My wife applied for PBS dependent Visa application extension on 5th June 2018 and we haven't received any correspondence from home office on our application status. Also I tried to call the home office to know about the application status but the automated voice says only dial if the visa applied 8 weeks before. So is there any way how we can check the Visa application status.

Kind regards.
No there is no way to check. You will need to wait to hear back from HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm
kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm
Hi,

Kind regards.
No there is no way to check. You will need to wait to hear back from HO.
OK, Thank you for confirming @CR001. Many thanks for your quick response.

karthmani
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by karthmani » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello,

Did you get your visa and if yes how long did it take?

Thanks & Regards