ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter without foreseeable future

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SamKay123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employer letter without foreseeable future

Post by SamKay123 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 am

I will be applying for my ILR via tier-2 next week. However, my employer letter did not include the word foreseeable future. It reads "Dr XXX is employed by the University XXX as a Research Associate on an open-ended contract with a funding end date of the XX September 2019"
Will this create an issue with my application. I will also qualify for ILR via the 10 yr route in August but I prefer the tier 2 route. My dependant qualifies for ILR at the same time with me via tier 2 but will have to wait for 3 more years via the long residence route.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employer letter without foreseeable future

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 am

SamKay123 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 am
"Dr XXX is employed by the University XXX as a Research Associate on an open-ended contract with a funding end date of the XX September 2019"

No issues it would be fine, research and university contract extend term by term or project by project.[/color
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:39 pm

SamKay123 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 am
I will be applying for my ILR via tier-2 next week. However, my employer letter did not include the word foreseeable future. It reads "Dr XXX is employed by the University XXX as a Research Associate on an open-ended contract with a funding end date of the XX September 2019"
Will this create an issue with my application. I will also qualify for ILR via the 10 yr route in August but I prefer the tier 2 route. My dependant qualifies for ILR at the same time with me via tier 2 but will have to wait for 3 more years via the long residence route.
if you worry, you can just ask your employer to add the "foreseeable future" back to your letter is alright. I think they are very happy to do so. Until xx SEPT 2019 is a foreseeable future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

SamKay123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SamKay123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Thanks for your advice. Really appreciated

enzss
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by enzss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am

Hi,

Can you please let me know what happened with your application? I'm having the same situation and my premium appt is on the 23rd this month. I work as Research Associate in the University and they are willing to provide a letter as you exactly with the funding end date in February 2019. However they are not willing to put the forseeable future since its only 4 months left from now. Will this cause an issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ilovethebeatles
United Kingdom

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 am

Can I ask also a question regarding this topic. If the employment contract is full-time permanent, does the letter need to say anything more regarding "foreseeable future" or just need to say that it is full-time permanent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 am
Can I ask also a question regarding this topic. If the employment contract is full-time permanent, does the letter need to say anything more regarding "foreseeable future" or just need to say that it is full-time permanent?
Please continue in your own topic you already have!!

The letter must state foreseeable future as stated in the immigration rules!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilovethebeatles
United Kingdom

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you CR001 and sorry about that. I thought we should ask a question in a similar topic.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 am
Thank you CR001 and sorry about that. I thought we should ask a question in a similar topic.
Please read the forum rules, particularly point 12 in the FAQs link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

enzss wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am
Hi,

Can you please let me know what happened with your application? I'm having the same situation and my premium appt is on the 23rd this month. I work as Research Associate in the University and they are willing to provide a letter as you exactly with the funding end date in February 2019. However they are not willing to put the forseeable future since its only 4 months left from now. Will this cause an issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi, would you mind sharing what happened with your application? I am in a similar situation. Would appreciate the advice

Thanks