ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will an email or phone call provide information?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Will an email or phone call provide information?

Post by dillonuw » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello,

It is working day 40 in my wait for my proposed civil partnership visa. Estimated wait times go up to 60 days for settlement visas for people from the USA. I am just wondering, will calling or emailing the support lines for UKVI give me information on the status of my visa? I don't want to pay the charge and bother the workers if they can't tell me anything anyway.

Has anyone else called UKVI and received further information about their case?

Thanks. Hoping to hear something soon.
(App. received in Sheffield @ March 22, 2018.)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Will an email or phone call provide information?

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Yes if you cannot wait. No - if you dont mind waiting for 60 days before contacting them.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri May 18, 2018 2:29 pm

I think I can wait another week or so. I don't really want to bother anyone at UKVI if the process is working as intended, my partner and I just have that stressed and antsy feeling from waiting.

Thank you for the reply! 8)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Paying them £5 just to send an email is not bothering them but bothering you. If you are eager go ahead email them if not just wait until 60 days have passed.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Calling or emailing doesn’t make any sense. The most popular answer is that application is awaiting for the decision. It doesn’t mean anything.

Call center/ email provider has no connection/influence with HO. The best is just to wait. But if you cannot wait write them, it will influence anything

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:28 am

Not necessarily, the call centre does provide status update.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:51 am

My wife and I tried for updates from UKVI "Support" (Sitel UK)Complete waste of time and money....even if it is just a fiver.

They will give you no help. We enquired about what stage the application was at. When were we likely to hear anything. Was there a need for more info from us. Was UKVI awaiting info from a third party.

Pretty basic questions.

This was the reply:

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry:

1) I only have access to the status of your application which is currently awaiting a decision.

2) I am not able to provide any other guidance on the time frames a part from settlement visa can take 12 weeks to be processed.

3, 4 and 5) If the entry clearance officer requires any information they will contact you directly, usually via E-mail.

Kind Regards,

UK Visas and Immigration

Have a look at the Sitel UK website and read there blurb about helping applicants. Yeah right!

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dillonuw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 pm

I finally paid the six quid and sent an email on day 48. The response didn't tell me anything new, but I guess it made me feel better?

Here is what they wrote:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

If it has been over 60 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
E-mail address used on application:

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.
Moral of the story- be patient until day 60. After day 60, contact them and let them know something is up. Hopefully only two weeks left for us to wait.

Thanks guys.