ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization / Citizenships application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Musbti

Naturalization / Citizenships application

Post by Musbti » Wed May 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Dear Admins and fellow group members
Hope you’re well

I non eea family member of an eea national (now divorced)
got my PR last week,

now next step is nationality i would be really thankful if you can kindly help with a few questions

1: my pr brp card show the issue date 12-05-18 but the letter received with this says i deemed to acquire the PR last year 14-06-2017 and i can apply for cutizenship 12 months after PR date,, When can I apply for nationality?? Bit confused

2: i have already passed the B1 test and booked the life in the uk test for next week,,
What form do i need to fill in now? Is any online form facility? What is the quickest route?

3: what documents need to send? A big hefty bundle like with the PR application or any new list??

Will wait for your kind response

Thanks in advance

Musbti

Re: Naturalization / Citizenships application

Post by Musbti » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Waiting for your help and kind advice..

Admins Obie, CR001 looking at you guys,,

any guidelines please

you cant just abandon a member :roll: :D :o

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:47 pm

1. 12 months after the date you acquired PR as the letter says, so 14th June.

2. Form AN, either paper or online (click). Strongly suggest you do your LIUK test first before you apply if you use online as date of application is the date you submit and pay online. No difference in route. All applications are assessed individually.

3. Have you read the AN form and guidance notes???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Musbti

Post by Musbti » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Bundle of thanks CR001:

I have another questions which hopefully should be ok but taking your precious advice

My 5 year EEA family permit was finished on 30-01-2018 and BRP is issued on 14-05-18 The period between 31-01-18 to 13-05-18 is covered by the pr acquired date?
Means I have not spent any time illegaly?