ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax Statement Internet Copy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier-1

Council Tax Statement Internet Copy

Post by tier-1 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:22 am

Hello Friends,

My wife has to apply for ILR this year and as proof of co-habitation, I intend to use print out of Sutton council tax statement. On the statement, its written in big and bold font "INTERNET COPY".

The council is not ready to provide anything more than this for the previous year. Will it be okay to submit this as I don't have any other document which has both our names jointly. So this document becomes a bit more relevant.

Anyone had any experience and can give advise on this?
Does council stamp print out of these statement?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Council Tax Statement Internet Copy

Post by dontringthebell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am

You could use that and also bank statements, tenancy agreement, credit card statements, NHS letters that carry your respective names even if individually.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks for the information. Can you please tell me for how many years back should these documents be for. My wife got her "tier-1 Dependent visa" first in May 2013 and then in June 2016. So I understand that I need to submit these documents from June-2016 onward.

Please advise. The line form is a bit confusing. It says "since your last grant of leaves in this category". What does "this" refer to in this line.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:31 pm

We personally submitted all relevant documents covering full period and I suppose you need to as ILR and tier 1 are different. You don't need to show cohabitation at visa stage however, starting from ILR onwards your wife won't be a dependent in this country rather own her status by herself.

Short answer whole period, alternatively you may provide from 2016 and if need be they will ask.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

tier-1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:23 am
Thanks for the information. Can you please tell me for how many years back should these documents be for. My wife got her "tier-1 Dependent visa" first in May 2013 and then in June 2016. So I understand that I need to submit these documents from June-2016 onward.

Please advise. The line form is a bit confusing. It says "since your last grant of leaves in this category". What does "this" refer to in this line.
Evidence of cohabitation is for the last two years leading to the ILR application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.