ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replaacement BRP past 8 week -- need advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NoHope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Replaacement BRP past 8 week -- need advice

Post by NoHope » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

I made an application to the and was received by the HO' on the 3rd of April. Payment was take, received an enrollment letter to do my Biometrics which i did. But now it has gone past the standard '8 weeks' period. My original was FLP(O) which was granted back in late 2016.

The thing is though is that i have never had a Passport because i was brought on my mothers passport 20+ years ago. Right now my Drivers license and my appoval letter is with the home office and i'm without a job -- i lost my job because i couldn't give my employer my BRP because it was lost, even though the letter states i have legal right to work i was taken off the Rota.

I contacted my local MP for help on the 24th of May but yet to receive a reply from him and i am short on funds now. I can't even claim Universal credit -- funny enough the DWP accepts the letter as proof of entitlement to UC but i can't claim it without BRP or the Letter.

And just yesterday i manage to get hold of HO's customer service and she submitted a requst to find out what was going on and i got a message stating:

'Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you. '

NoHope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Replaacement BRP past 8 week -- need advice

Post by NoHope » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks in advance for anyone that can give sound advise.