ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

a1isha
Newly Registered

Accomodation Evidence

Post by a1isha » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi

As you can tell, i am a newbie!! Just one question that i hope someone can answer. My bruv is applying for his wifes visa and resides at my home. I have had the local council come and check the accomodation which they confirm will not be overcrowded with the arrival of my new sister in law. What else will they need from me, does my brother need a letter confirming he lives with us and we are happy to accomodate his wife when she arrives in UK. If so are there any sample letters people may have.

As its my bruv he does not have a tenancy agreement (thats just silly) and he'll just pay a contribution towards some bills and that, not much as me and my hubby are both on good incomes and he's my younger bruv. Let me know what you think or what your advise would be on accomodation.

thanks in advance :D

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:32 pm

A letter is good explaining the above.

How long has he lived there? If you have any evidence to prove that he isnt just conveniently 'moving in' for the purpose of application, that should help.

a1isha
Newly Registered

Post by a1isha » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:42 pm

well thats the other thing, he has moved in with me recently, just before he got married with a view to applying for his wifes visa. he can afford rented accomodation which you can technically say that some people may move into rented accomodation just for the visa. i just think its pointless him forking out for rented accomodation when there is plenty room in my house.