ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I’m applying for ILR but what visa would my wife apply for?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

I’m applying for ILR but what visa would my wife apply for?

Post by Dzman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 am

Hi all,
I have been on Tier 2 general visa for just under 5 years and soon i’ll Be able to apply for ILR. The dilemma I have is that my wife is on tier 2 spouse visa but she has been on it for 2 years only (I.e. would not be able to apply for ILR with me). We both have about one year left on our tier 2. If I do get ILR granted to me, would this invalidate my wife’s current visa? Does she have to switch to another visa (which one?)? Or is she able to continue on her tier 2 spouse until it expires next year?
I appreciate your help in advance
Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: I’m applying for ILR but what visa would my wife apply for?

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:05 am

Dzman wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 am
Hi all,
I have been on Tier 2 general visa for just under 5 years and soon i’ll Be able to apply for ILR. The dilemma I have is that my wife is on tier 2 spouse visa but she has been on it for 2 years only (I.e. would not be able to apply for ILR with me). We both have about one year left on our tier 2. If I do get ILR granted to me, would this invalidate my wife’s current visa?

NO. Her visa will still valid until expired.

Does she have to switch to another visa (which one?)? NO.

Or is she able to continue on her tier 2 spouse until it expires next year?
Before her visa expired,she can continue to renew with PBS dependent, as long as you get ILR by 5-year PBS route. NEVER switch her visa to spouse of settled person, this would reset her clock to zero and count 5years again.

I appreciate your help in advance
Thanks
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Dzman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 am

Thanks for your reply Cyclina

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

When can I submit my ILR Application?

Post by Dzman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if similar questions have been posted before but I’d like to confirm the date from which I can apply for ILR.

I was granted Tier 2 starting from 4/6/2013
I entered the UK on the 29/6/2013

Is it 28 days before the 29/6/2018?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 pm

28 days from 4/6/2018
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice