ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Momentum
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Route Questions

Post by Momentum » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Dear Members,

I need to ask you guys few questions regarding Teir 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Route.
I recently got my extension approved valid till 2020, my ILR is due this September.
Can I apply for my ILR using premium service?
My wife is on dependent visa, does she can also apply with me on the same day or postal application?
My son which is born in UK but we havent applied his UK visa yet, could we also apply his visa on the same day or do we have to wait for my ILR to come through first?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Route Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 pm

1. For long residence ILR yes.

2. How long has your wife been in the UK? Set(LR) does not permit dependents to apply with you. If you apply for ILR based on long residence, your spouse will have to switch to flr(m) and this will reset her ILR clock to zero for ILR based on 5 years residence.

3. You can register the child as British once you have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reply.

My wife came to UK on a dependent visa and she is here in UK from last 2 years.
So if I am not wrong, I will only apply for my ILR this September and will apply for FLR (M) for my wife after my ILR approval.

Thanks again for the reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Correct.

She will start a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) from date of FLR(M) grant. She must meet the English A1 requirement and the £18,600pa requirement.

The time she has spent in the UK as a PBS Dependent will be lost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momentum
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Question

Post by Momentum » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:50 am

Dear Members,

My visa extension is approved in March 2018 and now I am planning to apply for ILR on 10 years route in October this year. Could you please let me know if my wife have to switch to FLR (M) category in 60 days as soon my ILR application is accepted or she can vary her application any time before her dependent visa runs out?

Second question which documents I have to send to Home office regarding my Business running or Do I have to just follow the general documents listed in the guidance of the ILR application? which does not say any documents to show current business activity.

I will be thankful if some body can answer my above questions.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Ent to ILR 10 Year Question

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:46 am

My visa extension is approved in March 2018 and now I am planning to apply for ILR on 10 years route in October this year. Could you please let me know if my wife have to switch to FLR (M) category in 60 days as soon my ILR application is accepted or she can vary her application any time before her dependent visa runs out?
Already answered. She can switch once you get ILR and before her current visa expires.
Second question which documents I have to send to Home office regarding my Business running or Do I have to just follow the general documents listed in the guidance of the ILR application? which does not say any documents to show current business activity.
Read the form, very little documentation required for long residence ILR.

Kindly also keep ALL your ILR questions in ONE topic (this one now merged with your previous topic).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks CR001 for answering my questions again actually yesterday I was told by my friend that my wife has to apply for FLR(M) in 60 days immediately after my ILR thats why I asked this question again which is now you have answered.

One more question sir how many days before some one can give his Life in the UK test? Thanks again

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Momentum wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm
Thanks CR001 for answering my questions again actually yesterday I was told by my friend that my wife has to apply for FLR(M) in 60 days immediately after my ILR thats why I asked this question again which is now you have answered.

One more question sir how many days before some one can give his Life in the UK test? Thanks again
There is no 60 day requirement but obviously it is better to switch earlier so the 5 year clock for ILR starts earlier.

As far as I know, there is no limit to how many days before the LIUK test can be given.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks Marcnath for the reply.

Can I ask one more question am i able to sponsor my wife through my own limited company if can take £18600 salary as the director from my own company. I havent taken any dividends since the incorporation of my company I am just taking a flat £1200 salary from my company since 2016. It will be great if some body can answer my above question. Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 am

Momentum wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm
Must be at least 7 days before an in person appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am

Momentum wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:16 am
Thanks Marcnath for the reply.

Can I ask one more question am i able to sponsor my wife through my own limited company if can take £18600 salary as the director from my own company. I havent taken any dividends since the incorporation of my company I am just taking a flat £1200 salary from my company since 2016. It will be great if some body can answer my above question. Thanks again
Sure, I can't see why not.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Dear Respected Members,

Can I ask one more question my initial Tier 1 Ent within country visa application was refused while I was on PSW. I went in to the appeal and won the appeal in the court, UKBA issued me a visa in June 2014. Could you guys please let me know if that time will be counted as Lawful residence? My personal view is that time will be covered under 3C.
Please some one can confirm this.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:48 am

Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am

Dear Respected Gurus,

I am filling out the Set LR form but I am not sure what to answer in this question.

B12. If you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a person who is settled in
the UK or who is a British citizen, please provide their details here, including their name,
nationality and date of birth. You must provide evidence of cohabitation since the start of
this relationship.
Possible Answer
My wife is on spouse visa, do I have to provide her details here and what cohabitation evidence I have to submit with the application or I have to leave this B12 blank as my wife is on spouse visa and she is not British or European citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am

Momentum wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am
Dear Respected Gurus,

I am filling out the Set LR form but I am not sure what to answer in this question.

B12. If you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a person who is settled in
the UK or who is a British citizen, please provide their details here, including their name,
nationality and date of birth. You must provide evidence of cohabitation since the start of
this relationship.
Possible Answer
My wife is on spouse visa, do I have to provide her details here and what cohabitation evidence I have to submit with the application or I have to leave this B12 blank as my wife is on spouse visa and she is not British or European citizen.
If your wife holds a PBS Dependent visa (different to a spouse visa), then she is NOT 'settled', i.e. holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks CR001 for the reply.
My wife has a PBS dependent visa so in this case, I will leave the B12 blank.
and for D11 Date of marriage, I will put the marriage date.