ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Franchising

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Franchising

Post by thunder2210 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently finishing my master's degree with one of top 10 UK universities and planning to apply for Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur as a first step to Tier1 Entrepreneur.

I want to start my business immediately during the graduate visa year to start generating revenue so I can collect the required £50,000 upon shifting to Tier1 Entrepreneur, and I plan to do so by opening a franchise.

My question is: Is their a specific list of franchise business types that are accepted and won't create any issues while shifting to Tier1 Entrepreneur?!

Thank you!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Franchising

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 am

All franchises are acceptable.
Remember that the 50K has to be your personal money, not revenue of the company. So, you need to generate profit, pay corporation tax on it, pay yourself, pay income tax on it and have 50K left over to invest back into the company.
And don't you need money to start up the franchise anyway ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Franchising

Post by thunder2210 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Thank you marcnath. Yes, I do have the money to start the franchise, but I'm just looking to start generating revenue to support the 50K number after a year from now. After of course paying all salaries, operation costs, and taxes.