ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Change from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Dear members,

This is on behalf of one of my colleague.

I understand its a very generic question which might have been asked several times before. But due to ever changing visa rules, requirements, and impact of candidate's specific situations (like age etc.) things may differ from case to case. So, if a similar case been already answered, please lead me to that.

A senior member of our staff (Designation: Operations Director - in case it matters) was transferred from our Indian division under Tier 2 ICT - long term staff visa.
The visa dates are: Sep-2014 to July-2019.

Company now wants to convert the visa to Tier 2 General, while the staff remains and applies inside UK.

Is this possible, and if yes, which form is to be used?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Is the salary at least £159,600 pa???

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 88997.html

Also note that he cannot be sponsored for Tier 2 General by the same sponsor who he got the ICT through.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi CR001, thanks again.

No, the salary is under £100k.

Sorry, could not get the specific rule (ICT to General not allowed under same sponsor) from the link you shared.
But the rule does sound bit illogical. I genuinely thought it should be a straight away application. If a sponsor wishes to change the visa type of their staff then there should be some way to get this done.

Then, in what circumstances then the ICT be converted to General?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm
Hi CR001, thanks again.

No, the salary is under £100k.

Sorry, could not get the specific rule (ICT to General not allowed under same sponsor) from the link you shared.
But the rule does sound bit illogical. I genuinely thought it should be a straight away application. If a sponsor wishes to change the visa type of their staff then there should be some way to get this done.

Then, in what circumstances then the ICT be converted to General?
There isn't one based on what you have stated.

The immigration rules are quite clear, so not sure what is not understood.

245HB(g)(i) and (ii) AND 245HD(c)(i), (ii) and (iii)
245HB. Requirements for entry clearance
To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. if the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

(g) Except where the period of engagement recorded by the Certificate of Sponsorship used in support of such entry clearance or leave to remain was granted for a period of three months or less, the applicant must not have had entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant at any time during the 12 months immediately before the date of the application, unless the applicant:
(i) was not in the UK with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant during this period, and provides evidence to show this, or
(ii) will be paid a gross annual salary (as recorded by the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry, and including such allowances as are specified as acceptable for this purpose in paragraph 79 of Appendix A) of £159,600 per year or higher.
245HD. Requirements for leave to remain
To qualify for leave to remain as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, Tier 2 (Minister of Religion Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant under this rule, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. if the applicant meets these requirements, leave to remain will be granted. if the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

(c) An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:
(i) have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,
(ii) not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and
(iii) not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks CR001. I was just surprised there is this restriction.

thanks for your help again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 pm

It is to avoid abuse. ICT and Tier 2 General have slightly different rules and processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)