ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inquiry about uk citizenship application online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alfugha12
Newly Registered
Jordan

inquiry about uk citizenship application online

Post by Alfugha12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 am

Hi
i would like to ask i made an online application for citizenship i completed the form and made payment but when i download it i found i did mistake , don't know what to do if i can send letter to home office with my supporting document to advice them that i have mistake to correct it please i need advice in this situation
Thank you

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: inquiry about uk citizenship application online

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

Alfugha12 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 am
Hi
i would like to ask i made an online application for citizenship i completed the form and made payment but when i download it i found i did mistake , don't know what to do if i can send letter to home office with my supporting document to advice them that i have mistake to correct it please i need advice in this situation
Thank you
Hi,

I think you can send them an email and see if they reply before 10 days, else right a cover note along and mention the mistake. Will you mind sharing on which section you have made a mistake, as some mistake can be ignored, like entering a wrong month of when you travelled outside the UK, as you can mention in cover letter and they can confirm this from your passport.

Thannks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Alfugha12
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Alfugha12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:01 am

Hi
Thank you for your reply well i did mistake in section *have you perviously made any other uk immgartion application in uk or abroad , i should answer it yes settlemnt application .

Thank you

bridgeponte
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by bridgeponte » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello,

I think the usual thing to do is attach a letter explaining the mistake on that page of the application, you should place it before the page itself. You should be submitting a copy of your passport where the settlement visa is attached, as well as the original, that way they can see it for themselves. Unless you applied and it didn't go through, that would be an important thing to disclose. After you submit and sign the declaration for the application, no changes can be made unless you want to withdraw the whole application and redo it which, trust me, is a pain in the mule. So do include a letter outlining what kind of visa it was, when it was applied for, if it went through or not, the dates it was valid, reason for refusal if it was refused, etc. Hope that helps.