ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work if EEA application rejected

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik0308
Newly Registered
France

Right to work if EEA application rejected

Post by malik0308 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 am

Hi ,

I did an EEA application for my wife, she is Algerian and me i'm French. we get married in France.
My application has been rejected because the photos were not up to date.
I 'm going to send a new application with new photos.
During the time of treatment she has the right to work. she found a job and started to work.
Since the Application has been rejected does she has to leave a job and not allowed to work until she received a new COA that allow her to work?

Manmoth
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work if EEA application rejected

Post by Manmoth » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm

What exactly do you mean by EEA application? Is it for a residence card, or an EEA family permit?

If you're exericising treaty rights in the UK (e.g. working full time) then she's allowed to stay and work. The residence permit officially acknowledges the right to work, which makes it easier to get a job, but it's not technically required.

malik0308
Newly Registered
France

Post by malik0308 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:51 pm

it is for a residence card

malik0308
Newly Registered
France

Post by malik0308 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks for the answer, it was for a residence card, and i'm working since 4 years in the UK