ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLR to ILR Success !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

DLR to ILR Success !

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi All,

Thought i would update you guys as my wife had an appointment at the PSC Glasgow at 10:00 AM, she was granted ILR successfully after 1.5 hours, as we went over to the desk, my wife checked and signed the paper where it had her details and then she she was handed the BRP letter stating the BRP card would be sent within 7 working days, i believe they do not issue the ILR approved letter anymore. It truly was a seamless experience and a good one at that.

Background:
My wife originally came into the UK on a spouse visa in 2009 (27 month to ILR), just before expiry we applied for an extension instead of ILR due to some financial hardship at the time, the extension was refused on the basis that my wife had not completed the required ESOL language test at that time, instead she was granted DLR in June.

Summary
To keep this short, she applied and counted her 6 years of DLR from her initial grant date of June 2012 onwards, and applied 22 days before completing 6 years DLR, please note this was a non asylum case.
Documents

Filled SET(O) form
Cohabitation documents -single names, spread 4 months apart covering for the period of leave granted (3 years).

Original Bank statements (9+ months).
Marriage certificate.

Original tenancy agreement with a housing association letter to confirm the current residents in property dated May 2018.

Original employment contract, TUPE notification letters, May 2018 employment letter.
evidence of absences, she provided Airline itenary for the dates outside the UK.
original refusal letter, 2 x 3 year grants of DLR letters.
Pay slips (6+ months) & last 3 years of P60's.
Applicants valid passport & expired, as well as spouse (British citizen) passport.
2 Covering letters, 1 from applicant and the other from the spouse.
Letter of support from family friend.

Transitional arrangements page & exemption for language requirements page where also printed and submitted, surprisingly, the case worker seemed to have kept those instead of returning them back, which would conclude they may have helped, lol. :D

Photocopies of all the above documents except the application form.

I have not mentioned all the documents, but in my view, they were not necessary for you, BUT where so for my case, also for security reasons, i cannot state them.

I wish to thank everyone on this forum, especially the MODS(CR001, Casa, Vinny, secret.Simon, Zimba88, marcnath, Makky86), who give their time and patience helping people like us, out of all the applications that i have done for my wife, not once have i used an immigration solicitor and it has all been researched and studied on this forum. if i have missed anyone out, my apologies in advance.

I will also update the timeline accordingly, apologies to the MODS if i should have just added this into my original post, but as it is old and confusing i thought i would create this for reference purposes.

Again thank you to everyone, and i will still be continue to contribute to these forums where i can and help (just the same as before).
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Mikky99
Isle of Man

Re: DLR to ILR Success !

Post by Mikky99 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:14 am

Hallo everyone.

Just thought I should share this with you.

Firstly, I thank the administrator and everyone who had contributed, advised and supported me throughout my journey on this forum.

The good news is I got my ILR yesterday.

My story.... Failed Asylum, 2x DLR
I was introduced to this forum by a friend
Gather all information needed
Even though couldn't get a slot in London
But, was eventually got a place in Cardiff.

But glory be to God was granted my leave
Just after few hours of waiting.

Just to encourage someone. Don't give up
Be strong and be faithful. And you shall see the
Glory of God.

Thanks

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 am

Wow, congratulations @CMOSUK! You've contributed so much you this forum, your wife deserves It! It's funny even after I got my ILR I now miss being on this forum!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 pm
Hi All,

Thought i would update you guys as my wife had an appointment at the PSC Glasgow at 10:00 AM, she was granted ILR successfully after 1.5 hours, as we went over to the desk, my wife checked and signed the paper where it had her details and then she she was handed the BRP letter stating the BRP card would be sent within 7 working days, i believe they do not issue the ILR approved letter anymore. It truly was a seamless experience and a good one at that.

Background:
My wife originally came into the UK on a spouse visa in 2009 (27 month to ILR), just before expiry we applied for an extension instead of ILR due to some financial hardship at the time, the extension was refused on the basis that my wife had not completed the required ESOL language test at that time, instead she was granted DLR in June.

Summary
To keep this short, she applied and counted her 6 years of DLR from her initial grant date of June 2012 onwards, and applied 22 days before completing 6 years DLR, please note this was a non asylum case.
Documents

Filled SET(O) form
Cohabitation documents -single names, spread 4 months apart covering for the period of leave granted (3 years).

Marriage certificate.

Original tenancy agreement with a housing association letter to confirm the current residents in property dated May 2018.

Original employment contract, TUPE notification letters, May 2018 employment letter.
evidence of absences, she provided Airline itenary for the dates outside the UK.
Applicants valid passport & expired, as well as spouse (British citizen) passport.

Transitional arrangements page & exemption for language requirements page where also printed and submitted, surprisingly, the case worker seemed to have kept those instead of returning them back, which would conclude they may have helped, lol. :D

I have not mentioned all the documents, but in my view, they were not necessary for you, BUT where so for my case, also for security reasons, i cannot state them.

I wish to thank everyone on this forum, especially the MODS(CR001, Casa, Vinny, secret.Simon, Zimba88, marcnath, Makky86), who give their time and patience helping people like us, out of all the applications that i have done for my wife, not once have i used an immigration solicitor and it has all been researched and studied on this forum. if i have missed anyone out, my apologies in advance.

I will also update the timeline accordingly, apologies to the MODS if i should have just added this into my original post, but as it is old and confusing i thought i would create this for reference purposes.

Again thank you to everyone, and i will still be continue to contribute to these forums where i can and help (just the same as before).
Congratulations
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 am

Mikky99 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:14 am
Hallo everyone.

Just thought I should share this with you.

Firstly, I thank the administrator and everyone who had contributed, advised and supported me throughout my journey on this forum.

The good news is I got my ILR yesterday.

My story.... Failed Asylum, 2x DLR
I was introduced to this forum by a friend
Gather all information needed
Even though couldn't get a slot in London
But, was eventually got a place in Cardiff.

But glory be to God was granted my leave
Just after few hours of waiting.

Just to encourage someone. Don't give up
Be strong and be faithful. And you shall see the
Glory of God.

Thanks
Congratulations
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Pinky5688
Cambodia

Post by Pinky5688 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Congratulations cmosuk and Mikky99. You deserve it as you have helped us on this forum.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Congratulations CMOSUK that's brilliant news. Please could you help with a draft of covering letter. Thanks got an appointment soon.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Congratulations CMOSUK that's brilliant news. Please could you help with a draft of covering letter. Thanks got an appointment soon.
The covering letter is circumstances specific, everyone has unique circumstances.

You would start off by stating your intention to apply for ILR based on 6 years DLR under the transitional arrangements and the fact your exempt from the language requirements.

You should base it on how you have established life, how the circumstances prevailing at the time of DLR grant still exist and demonstrate maybe how the life you have established here could not be replicated in your home country.

Maybe mention your ties within the UK and your future intentions in the UK.

If your partner is of settled status, they should also write a covering letter explaining their support for your ILR application.

Hope this helps somewhat.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Thank you CMOSUK you are always very helpful. God bless you

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 am

Just a wee update, BRP recieved today 👍.

Approved on 1st June 2018, forget the weekend, came in 4 days :).

Just a wee hint and tip, you can phone up DX courier and give them your name and address as well postcode and they would be able to maybe tell you if they have received it and when they will deliver as that's what I did and knew beforehand it would be delivered today.

Just need to book the tickets for the holiday now!!

Janet#74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Janet#74 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:05 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 pm
Hi All,

Background:

Summary
Documents

Filled SET(O) form

Marriage certificate.

Congratulations!!!You deserved it,for aII the heIp you give out on this forum.