ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contradicting UKVI VISA updates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Contradicting UKVI VISA updates

Post by ashishkm » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Can anyone of you confirm if the below scenario happened with anyone of you

I am so surprised that UKVI contact centre is giving 2 different updates about my VISA application. One said decision completed and other saying decision awaited

FYI, I applied on 18-May for Tier 2 General using Priority service and it is 9 working days past. I am so dissapointed, frustrated because they collected a huge amount to process it on priority and doing it worse compared to standard service!

FYI, I applied for T2 ICT VISAs 3 times in the past on standard service - all the time successful and processed within 10 working days

I am so anxious about this situation, any advice please?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Contradicting UKVI VISA updates

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 pm

As long as it's within 10 working days its all in order, even if it's 10th day.

Beyond that, if you feel you didn't get priority treatment you can always raise a complaint.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:49 pm

I am so surprised that UKVI contact centre is giving 2 different updates about my VISA application. One said decision completed and other saying decision awaited

FYI, I applied on 18-May for Tier 2 General using Priority service and it is 9 working days past. I am so dissapointed, frustrated because they collected a huge amount to process it on priority and doing it worse compared to standard service!

FYI, I applied for T2 ICT VISAs 3 times in the past on standard service - all the time successful and processed within 10 working days

You have to wait until after 10 working days before complaining. UKVI contact centre calls are mostly admin officers who I believe know little or nothing about immigration rules or individual case. Calling the contact centre has not been helpful in most cases, as they leave people more confused.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm
ashishkm wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:49 pm

You have to wait until after 10 working days before complaining. UKVI contact centre calls are mostly admin officers who I believe know little or nothing about immigration rules or individual case. Calling the contact centre has not been helpful in most cases, as they leave people more confused.
If your application cannot be handled within the 10 working days for priority service, you should be contacted by UKVI
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:20 am

Today is 10th working day. I wish I hear something from UKVI today or at least this week. I know they are handling number of cases, but each individual goes through a lot of struggle till now and during VISA process - they should understand and act accordingly!

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 am

I got a email that decision is made on my application, just to double check I called the UKVI and they too confirmed the same!
Fingers crossed! hopefully there is no confusion this time!

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Good to know that,
I have been following your updates and it's a news to me that priority application takes that long.
Anyways, all the best for the outcome!!

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:45 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm
Good to know that,
I have been following your updates and it's a news to me that priority application takes that long.
Anyways, all the best for the outcome!!
Thanks a lot
I got my VISA approved.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Many Congratulations!!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:45 am
Thanks a lot
I got my VISA approved.
Congratulations!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:04 am

Thank you both

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:33 am