ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish citizen bringing my soon to be thai wife to the uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oceancat

irish citizen bringing my soon to be thai wife to the uk

Post by oceancat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi,

I am looking into getting a EEA family permit for my soon to be thai wife, i am a rep of ireland citizen working in the uk for the last 5 years but i don't currently live there as i work at sea month on month off so i just fly either back to ireland or thailand on my month off.

I am planning to move to the uk in the next few months but just want to apply for the visa before i do, we will be getting married in september so do you think this will be enough time to apply before brexit? also gf is just after finding out she is pregnent will this give us problems getting the FP as we hope for her to travel to the uk before end of year?

Any ideas how long it takes to process the visa at the british embassy in bangkok?

Thanks for any help guys.

secret.simon

Re: irish citizen bringing my soon to be thai wife to the uk

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

oceancat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 pm
i am a rep of ireland citizen working in the uk for the last 5 years but i don't currently live there as i work at sea month on month off so i just fly either back to ireland or thailand on my month off.
Do you work within UK territorial waters (within 12 nautical miles) or in the UK EEZ (beyond 12 nautical miles)? Remember that if you live outside the UK for more than six months in the year, your continuity of residence is broken and may negatively impact your wife's application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

oceancat

Re: irish citizen bringing my soon to be thai wife to the uk

Post by oceancat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:29 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm
oceancat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 pm
i am a rep of ireland citizen working in the uk for the last 5 years but i don't currently live there as i work at sea month on month off so i just fly either back to ireland or thailand on my month off.
Do you work within UK territorial waters (within 12 nautical miles) or in the UK EEZ (beyond 12 nautical miles)? Remember that if you live outside the UK for more than six months in the year, your continuity of residence is broken and may negatively impact your wife's application.
yes all our work is done near coast all over the uk, i pay full uk tax and NI