ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! T1 EXTENSION VISA refused AFTER 9 MONTH APPLIED

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TENG
Newly Registered
China

Help! T1 EXTENSION VISA refused AFTER 9 MONTH APPLIED

Post by TENG » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am

Applied 15 /09/ 2017
REFUSED 01/06/2018

REASON: Main applicant bank statement balance did not cover himself and dependent.

My story is crazy.

We did not submit dependents' bank statement with the main applicants(I thought main applicant only need show the balance to cover himself so we submit each one's statements separately). So main applicants' bank statement balance does not cover for two person (main applicant and one dependent).
Any way main applicant got 85 scores.

I understand AR will be rejected definitely. So we are ready to make a fresh application now using a new bank statement.

My question is:

1.As the initial documents shows company and employee information during AUG 2015 - AUG 2017,should i have the new documents to replace or i can just use the old one.

2. Can i use main applicant's bank statement and dependent's bank statement together to cover two person. As main applicant don't have enough balance to cover two person's maintenance fund.

3. As all the initial documents will be hold by home office. How can i explain which documents we need replace or removal.

Thank you very much

Hopefully everyone be very careful about your bank statements. This mistake is definitely can be solved before submit!!

Momi
United Kingdom

Re: Help! T1 EXTENSION VISA refused AFTER 9 MONTH APPLIED

Post by Momi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am

TENG wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am
Applied 15 /09/ 2017
REFUSED 01/06/2018

REASON: Main applicant bank statement balance did not cover himself and dependent.

My story is crazy.

We did not submit dependents' bank statement with the main applicants(I thought main applicant only need show the balance to cover himself so we submit each one's statements separately). So main applicants' bank statement balance does not cover for two person (main applicant and one dependent).

I understand AR will be rejected definitely. So we are ready to make a fresh application now using a new bank statement.

My question is:

1.As the initial documents shows company and employee information during AUG 2015 - AUG 2017,should i have the new documents to replace or i can just use the old one.

2. Can i use main applicant's bank statement and dependent's bank statement together to cover two person. As main applicant don't have enough balance to cover two person's maintenance fund.

3. As all the initial documents will be hold by home office. How can i explain which documents we need replace or removal.

Thank you very much

Hopefully everyone be very careful about your bank statements. This mistake is definitely can be solved before submit!!
Everyone know about that. You were the only one who didn't know.
Read policy guidance!!!
Hope you will not do same mistake again.
Best of luck.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 am

TENG wrote:
Applied 15 /09/ 2017
REFUSED 01/06/2018

My story is crazy.

My question is:

Thank you very much

I am confused. Let me get this right.

1. You submitted your application and your dependant's application together.
2. You had two separate bank statements for 90 days each - yours covering your maintenance and your dependants covering your dependant's amount.
3. You got all the points for your application

If it is Yes for all of these, why was your extension refused ? There seems to be something wrong.

Even if you did not have the dependants maintenance funds, your extension should have been approved and your dependant's refused.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ahsanalishah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ahsanalishah » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

I am agreed with marcnath and this guy moomi should have learn the manner bit more to talk someone and read the policy guidance himself before advising someone wrongly.

1-if you have your own maintenance funds in your own bank account it shouldn't effect the your (main applicant) application. If HO made this mistake it will be corrected in AR as it is an error of law made by the case worker.

2-If you have send dependent bank statements for their own maintenance separately it should also be accepted as it is legal and according to policy guidance .

3- If you were unable to provide correct maintenance for dependents but only yourself in your named personal account then your will get the visa and dependent would be refused and you can apply for their dependent visa later.

Good Luck.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Perhaps if you type/post the exact wording of the refusal, you will get more useful advice. Just take out any personal details when posting what the refusal says.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TENG
Newly Registered
China

Post by TENG » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Thank you for your time

My mistake is i only submitted main applicant's bank statement with the main application form.
And dependent's bank statement submitted only with dependent's application form.

when they view the main application they did not find dependent's bank statement.
So that's why they refused the main application without view the dependent's application.

The main application did not get 10 point for the maintenance fund.

TENG
Newly Registered
China

Post by TENG » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm

' We have assessed the Maintenance(funds) requirement from the period 17 june 17 to 14 sep 17
From the evdence provided you have not demonstrated that you have maintained the minimum levle of avaliable funds required throughtout this full 90 day period, as specified under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules. This is because from 29 Aug 17 to 30 Aug 17 the level of available funds fell below £1575. On these dates the available funds for you and your partner was £1240.38'

Above is the original refusal.

I am sure they did not open dependents' application so they only looked at the main applicant's statement. However this statement is only support for main applicant...

We got another statement with the dependents' application.
I forgot copy it with the main application...

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:32 pm
Perhaps if you type/post the exact wording of the refusal, you will get more useful advice. Just take out any personal details when posting what the refusal says.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:20 pm

TENG wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm
' We have assessed the Maintenance(funds) requirement from the period 17 june 17 to 14 sep 17
From the evdence provided you have not demonstrated that you have maintained the minimum levle of avaliable funds required throughtout this full 90 day period, as specified under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules. This is because from 29 Aug 17 to 30 Aug 17 the level of available funds fell below £1575. On these dates the available funds for you and your partner was £1240.38'

I am sure they did not open dependents' application so they only looked at the main applicant's statement. However this statement is only support for main applicant...

CR001 wrote:
This should be relatively easy to get overturned in the AR.

So, if I understand it right, you included all documents with the main application (passports, BRP, etc.) except for the dependant's maintenance funds, which you included with the dependant's application ? You then posted both applications together in the same envelope ?

The CW was clearly processing both applications together and hence looking for £1575. That also explains why they refused your visa as you had each only £1240.38/2 (that is one way of splitting the single statement)

Just file your AR arguing that the CW made a mistake in not assessing the complete documentation. They should have taken into account the bank statement that was included with the dependant's form for dependant's maintenance.

More than 90% chance (in my opinion) that you will get this overturned.

Still did not understand this though:
TENG wrote:

My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

TENG
Newly Registered
China

Post by TENG » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Yes marcnath, you are right.The dependent fund statement only included with dependent's application.
I post both application together.

For the dependent refusal, it is

'In view of the fact that your partner's application for leave to remain has been refused the secretary of state is not satisfied that you are the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who has valid leave to enter or remain as a PBS migrant or is , at the same time, being granted...and it has been decided that you have not met the ...
please note, on this occasion we have not carried out full verification checks on the documents you submitted or the statements that you have made on your application form, as your application falls for refusal on other grounds as outlined above.'

So it is indicated the CW did not open dependent application

About the points.
As the refusal described:

'75 points awarded for appendix A (attributes)
10 points awarded for appendix b (english language)
0 poins awarded for appendix C (maintenance(funds))

the secretary of state is therefore not satisfied that you have met the full requirements to be awarded the minimum required points under appendix c of the immigration rules.'

so i got 85 points. minimum is 95 points

I will try AR. Thank you very much you give me confidence whatever the result i need try.

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:20 pm
TENG wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
This should be relatively easy to get overturned in the AR.

So, if I understand it right, you included all documents with the main application (passports, BRP, etc.) except for the dependant's maintenance funds, which you included with the dependant's application ? You then posted both applications together in the same envelope ?

The CW was clearly processing both applications together and hence looking for £1575. That also explains why they refused your visa as you had each only £1240.38/2 (that is one way of splitting the single statement)

Just file your AR arguing that the CW made a mistake in not assessing the complete documentation. They should have taken into account the bank statement that was included with the dependant's form for dependant's maintenance.

More than 90% chance (in my opinion) that you will get this overturned.

Still did not understand this though:
TENG wrote:

robgrace
Newly Registered

Post by robgrace » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:11 pm

My application been refused in April as well. One of the reason was maintance not enough, the CW didn't check all of the bank statement carefully. I fininally got my AR approve. Good luck with you.