ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDL after 6 yrs Discretionary leave.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reeeee
Newly Registered
Wales

Indefinite leave to remain

Post by Reeeee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi I’m a new member. I have to apply to indefinite leave to remain after 6 years of discretionary leave. But I’m not sure if I have to do both English test and Life in the Uk test. There’s a clause on the home office website stating that those on discretionary leave are exempted from the test.
Can someone please help me. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

You are exempt. However you will need both tests for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reeeee
Newly Registered
Wales

IDL after 6 yrs Discretionary leave.

Post by Reeeee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi I need some help please. If someone knows a similar case can you please advise me.
I need to apply for settlement after 6 yrs DL.
Initially I was granted DL in May 2012 for 3yrs until May 2015.
In June 2012 my wife(main applicant)and son(dependent) made an application on FLR(O) and they were granted DL in March 2013 until May 2015 in line with me.
In April 2015 we applied for extension on FLR(O), me as main applicant and wife and son as dependents. Extensions were given for all of us until July 2018.
Am applying for ILR on SET(O), can I include my wife n son as dependents even if they haven’t completed the 6 yrs DL? If not please advise what application they need to make?