ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fast-track Spouse Entry Clearance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aminpk79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fast-track Spouse Entry Clearance

Post by aminpk79 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:35 am

Hi,
I am a British Citizen and my wife has applied for entry clearance as my spouse last week. I filled her form on visa4uk website but there was no option available to pay for a fast-track service therefore she applied for a spouse visa through standard way. At the VAC in Lahore, Pakistan my wife was asked whether she wanted to make the application fast-track but she wasn't sure and couldn't call me from the VAC so she submitted for the standard processing.
I really wanted to apply for the fast-track to get the visa quicker. It looks like the fast-track procedure available on gov.uk's website https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application is only for settlement (ILR). Could someone please suggest how to convert my wife's entry clearance application from standard processing to fast track ? is there a process for that ? if yes, kindly explain what needs to be done.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Fast-track Spouse Entry Clearance

Post by metanoia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 am

It's called priority service and only can be paid either at Vfsglobal website onlinr or by cash at biometrics appointment. It promises quick processing but not always deliver.

Unfortunately now that your wife have submitted her biometrics this service cannot be availed. You'll have to hope and wait for a quick turnaround. SLA for standard application is 60 working days.

Good luck.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

shaniHaroon
Pakistan

Post by shaniHaroon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm

aminpk79 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:35 am
Hi,
I am a British Citizen and my wife has applied for entry clearance as my spouse last week. I filled her form on visa4uk website but there was no option available to pay for a fast-track service therefore she applied for a spouse visa through standard way. At the VAC in Lahore, Pakistan my wife was asked whether she wanted to make the application fast-track but she wasn't sure and couldn't call me from the VAC so she submitted for the standard processing.
I really wanted to apply for the fast-track to get the visa quicker. It looks like the fast-track procedure available on gov.uk's website https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application is only for settlement (ILR). Could someone please suggest how to convert my wife's entry clearance application from standard processing to fast track ? is there a process for that ? if yes, kindly explain what needs to be done.

I believe you can still make your application as a priority visa application by paying extra £551 and its all online , after you just put priority receipt out of bundle and in the first top of the first section when you will send the documents to sheffield, in fact i just send my bundle in the exactly same way yesterday. infact i pay online visa fee and i wanted to choose priority option but there was only one by default option "Standard " and the i purchased separately priority service through VFS online cart. The priority service put your file in front of the queue, so i think that's it, so you still need to send your file, anyway good luck

shaniHaroon
Pakistan

Post by shaniHaroon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm

shaniHaroon wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm
aminpk79 wrote:
Hi,

I believe you can still make your application as a priority visa application by paying extra £551 and its all online , after you just put priority receipt out of bundle and in the first top of the first section when you will send the documents to sheffield, in fact i just send my bundle in the exactly same way yesterday. infact i pay online visa fee and i wanted to choose priority option but there was only one by default option "Standard " and the i purchased separately priority service through VFS online cart. The priority service put your file in front of the queue, so i think that's it, so you still need to send your file, anyway good luck
here is link
https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/Shopping ... ation.aspx

ma8509
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ma8509 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 pm

shaniHaroon wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm
aminpk79 wrote:
Hi,

@shaniHaroon,
Did you also pay for priority after the Biometric Submission was done?