ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension - IHS payment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Extension for Dependent of ILR

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I am looking for some guidance regarding application to extend my wife's visa until she's eligible for ILR. I have seen this question posted many times but I am unable get a clear understanding on the process for application.
Situation: I am currently on ILR (from Oct 2017). I got ILR through Tier 2 (General) 5 yr route. My wife joined me when I was on Tier 2 in Jan 2014. Her current visa expires on 27th Aug 2018 & she will be eligible for ILR 5 yr route from Jan 2019. I need to extend her visa from Aug 2018 to Jan 2019. However, I am unable to get a clear picture on how to do this.
1) Can I extend her visa as PBS dependent to cover her 5yrs? If yes, what form or link do I use?
I tried filling up the "PBS Dependant - Partner" form. However, there is no ILR option to select when I enter my details.
2) If extension is not possible, is FLR the only route to get a visa? I understand the 5yr clock is reset, so I am looking to avoid this.
3) How much amount do I show for extension? The guidance says £630 for 90 days but again that's applicable for Tier 1, 2, 5.

I hope someone who's has gone through this situation could provide more guidance and their experience!
Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension for Dependent of ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:01 pm

1. Yes, extend her current visa category on Tier 2 Dependent online form. It will be a 3 year extension and you will have to pay the visa fee and the IHS.
Your details are NOT required as you are NOT applying. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

2. Don't do FLR(M).

3. £630 for 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Thank you for the quick response!

I followed that link and clicked Apply Now. The first page it's asking for this information:
Person you are applying to remain in the UK with... I believe this is ME! as she's applying to remain with me.
& in the subsequent pages, it's asking for all the regular information about me (DOB, passport, visa details).

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank you for the quick response!

1) I followed that link and clicked Apply Now. The first page it's asking for this information:
Person you are applying to remain in the UK with... I believe this is ME! as she's applying to remain with me.
& in the subsequent pages, it's asking for all the regular information about me (DOB, passport, visa details).
It's the same issue when I am in the IHS Surcharge page where it's asking for MY visa info and there's no option for ILR.

3) Our bank account has dipped below £630 on just 1 Day in the last 90+ days (it was an unexpected bill)... Do you consider that to be a risk? Do you suggest anything to cover that 1 day?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 pm

1. I don't have experience or sight of the online forms. Complete them as required. There wouldn't be on IHS as an ILR holder is not required to pay, it is your spouse paying. It should be £600 for her extension so you will need to put your visa end date for 3 years ahead.

2. Yes, it could be a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:19 pm

[quote=CR001 post_id=1643671 time=1528380299 user_id=70994]
1. I don't have experience or sight of the online forms. Complete them as required. There wouldn't be on IHS as an ILR holder is not required to pay, it is your spouse paying. It should be £600 for her extension so you will need to put your visa end date for 3 years ahead.

Appreciate that you don't have sight of the forms. In the IHS form it's again asking info about the "person you will be remaining with" & when I enter my visa expiry dates as in 2024, it's asking to pay £1300 as the surchage :shock:

I also heard that, when she eventually applies for ILR next year, she can get a IHS refund on whatever extra we paid! Is this true?

[/quote]
Thank you! Any suggestions on how to deal with this please?

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Appreciate that you don't have sight of the forms. In the IHS form it's again asking info about the "person you will be remaining with" & when I enter my visa expiry dates as in 2024, it's asking to pay £1300 as the surchage :shock:

Also I wouldn't be eligible for a refund as I will be switching from Dependant to ILR (one of the non eligible criteria for IHS refunds).

Thank you! Any suggestions on how to deal with this please?

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent Extension - IHS payment

Post by preetham2103 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

Dear friends,

I am currently on ILR & now in the process of extending my wife's visa under PBS dependent as she is not eligible to apply for ILR yet. She will be eligible in Jan 2019, so I need to extend her visa for another 6months.
My question is regarding the NHS Surcharge... I am creating an application online and it's taking me to the site to pay for the surcharge. There it's asking MY details "The person you're joining or remaining with" & asking for MY visa expiry date. There is no option to select that I am on ILR & when I enter my ILR Biometric expiry date (2024), it's calculating the IHS surcharge for 6yrs. I don't want to pay 6yrs IHS when I am going to change her visa into ILR in 6months. I can't see any other work around. I also understand that IHS is not refundable IF I change into ILR (which I am going to do anyway).
I appreciate it's difficult to answer this without actually looking at the forms but I can't find any other option. Can anyone please suggest if they have been through a similar experience?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent Extension - IHS payment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 am

preetham2103 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am
Dear friends,

I am currently on ILR & now in the process of extending my wife's visa under PBS dependent as she is not eligible to apply for ILR yet. She will be eligible in Jan 2019, so I need to extend her visa for another 6months.
My question is regarding the NHS Surcharge... I am creating an application online and it's taking me to the site to pay for the surcharge. There it's asking MY details "The person you're joining or remaining with" & asking for MY visa expiry date. There is no option to select that I am on ILR & when I enter my ILR Biometric expiry date (2024), it's calculating the IHS surcharge for 6yrs. I don't want to pay 6yrs IHS when I am going to change her visa into ILR in 6months. I can't see any other work around. I also understand that IHS is not refundable IF I change into ILR (which I am going to do anyway).
I appreciate it's difficult to answer this without actually looking at the forms but I can't find any other option. Can anyone please suggest if they have been through a similar experience?
Thanks in advance.
1. You CANNOT apply for only a 6 month extension. It is a 3 year extension for a PBS Dependent as clearly stated in the Immigration Rules.

2. Put a date for 3 years in advance and you will get the correct amount of £600 IHS to pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:48 am

Thank you for the quick response.

I understand it's not a 6month extension but 3yrs. When I put 3yrs in advance, I am worried that it will be as if "I am providing false information". If you think that's ok as I am on ILR anyway, I might as well put a date for next year & pay only £200. If I am going to provide "false information" anyway... it won't matter if it's 1yr or 3yrs, right? I know it's a bit cheeky but I am trying to understand the rules here. Hope you understand.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:56 am

When I put 3yrs in advance, I am worried that it will be as if "I am providing false information".
She is paying IHS for the duration of her visa. HO is aware of the few glitches on the system. The alternative is to pay the IHS on the IHS website separately without your details and then use the number in the form.
If you think that's ok as I am on ILR anyway, I might as well put a date for next year & pay only £200.
You MUST pay IHS for 3 years, the duration of her visa that will be issued. You simply cannot choose to pay less.
If I am going to provide "false information" anyway... it won't matter if it's 1yr or 3yrs, right? I know it's a bit cheeky but I am trying to understand the rules here. Hope you understand.
Yes it is cheeky, silly and risky. You must pay IHS for the duration of the visa being applied for as the rules clearly state or you risk delays or a potential refusal.

Your ILR expiry date is irrelevant to her application anyway!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 am

Got it! :) Sorry to ask these questions... but I find no other forum I can get this advice.
Appreciate the response!

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:47 am

I think I have 2 final questions regarding my application.
1) What is the correct fee for extending PBS Dependent under Tier 2? for postal applications.
2) I had a previous query about having lower than £630 for 1 day in our bank account. Does it have to be in 1 account or can we show evidence of money held in multiple accounts (2 current bank accounts showing £630 plus for 90 day period).

GOV uk website gives the below info... hence the query
Documents showing you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days
Your documents must show you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days. You can provide [u][b][i]multiple documents[/i][/b][/u] to show this amount.

Thank you again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:03 pm

1. I believe it is £704 for postal.

2. You can use more than one bank account as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)