ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment is not deducted yet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Payment is not deducted yet

Post by flyaway2018 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:54 am

Hi All

I sent out my ILR LR application last Tuesday 22nd May, and the post was signed off in 23rd May, but until today 1st June, My payment is still not been deducted in the 7th working day. As I had payment issue about 4 years ago when Homeoffice cannot get the payment for unknown reason and I need to resubmit my payment details again and delayed the whole process. I did check I put the correct debit card details many times before I sent out the application.

I ringed home office yesterday, and they told me it will take up to 10 working days to complete the payment. I read most people's application timeline here, it only took 1-4 days for the payment to complete, I am really worried now, will home office reject my application,and regard my application as invalid, if they cannot get the payment, my current work visa already expired.

Have anyone sent application recently and have same issues like me? I appreciate if anyone can share their experience with me to ease my worry.

Yang
Last edited by flyaway2018 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Payment is not deducted yet

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 am

It has only been 5 working days. Suggest wait till end of next week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:58 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply, but I thought today is 7th day as my post was delivered and signed in 23rd May ?

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 am
It has only been 5 working days. Suggest wait till end of next week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Monday, 28th was a bank holiday. This week is also half term, so maybe a bit of short staffing issues.

23rd It would have arrived in the post room before being sorted and set to wherever.

So effectively only ready for a department on 24th, which is 5 working days excluding today.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 pm

I hope this is really the case for the delay. Thanks so much for your reply CR001 :D :D
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm
Monday, 28th was a bank holiday. This week is also half term, so maybe a bit of short staffing issues.

23rd It would have arrived in the post room before being sorted and set to wherever.

So effectively only ready for a department on 24th, which is 5 working days excluding today.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:11 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 pm
I hope this is really the case for the delay. Thanks so much for your reply CR001 :D :D
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Did they deduct payment today?

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 pm

No, do you have similar issue? I read there was news about VISA payment network last Friday, but it was sorted out already during the weekend.

So I really don't know what reason it could be, I also read post about other person's payment was not deducted and his company sacked him.. This is very worrying as my Tier 2 visa also expired. :cry: :cry: :cry:

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:19 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 pm
No, do you have similar issue? I read there was news about VISA payment network last Friday, but it was sorted out already during the weekend.

So I really don't know what reason it could be, I also read post about other person's payment was not deducted and his company sacked him.. This is very worrying as my Tier 2 visa also expired. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Have you called your bank to ask if an attempt to take the fees was made?
They might be able to tell you if they blocked a payment.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:34 am

I have a similar problem but the bank said no attempt was made to take payment.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:00 pm

I called my bank last week twice to check and they said cannot see Home Office try to get payment from the system. I also called Home office this morning, and now they said 10-14 days is normal process time, it is just a bit worrying since most people's payment was taken within 3 days. Good news is he confirmed HO won't reject my application even if they cannot get payment in first try, they will send me letter to correct card details if the payment details I provided has issue.

I check my card details many times before I sent out the application, so really not sure what issue it can be. But guess it's good thing for me to buy some time as I sent out application a bit earlier before my eligiable period.

What date did you send the application? Hope we both get positive news sooner.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Oh I see. I'm going to write a letter to HO. My application was received on 14th May.
Actually, I provided two card details (one as back up) and they didn't try either.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi sm12 & CR001

I just found in my junk email box that UKVI sent me email at 11am about my application has been received and is being considered. But the payment is still not taken, I am not sure if is this normal case?

Do you have update?sm12?
sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm
Oh I see. I'm going to write a letter to HO. My application was received on 14th May.
Actually, I provided two card details (one as back up) and they didn't try either.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:47 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi sm12 & CR001

I just found in my junk email box that UKVI sent me email at 11am about my application has been received and is being considered. But the payment is still not taken, I am not sure if is this normal case?

Do you have update?sm12?
sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm
Today at 11 am you mean?
No, no update yet, which is strange.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Hi sm12 & CR001

Do you have update?sm12?
Did they finally take payment? And did you get the biometric letter?

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 pm

No, I called and told them my case number in Monday, and next day 12th June they sent me email saying (unfortunately )it's still under normal process time. and they cannot provide any feedback.

I saw someone posted and delivered exactly the same day already completed the biometric. My friend told me must because they noticed I sent out my application 2 months earlier so decided to on- hold reviewing my application until I reach the qualify time. Not sure if home office is so kind, but I will not push anymore until end of July when I officially pass the eligible date to apply. I just worry they will refuse my early application, but I understand and mentally prepared it might take forever after reading so many people's experience here.

Please keep me posted about your status as well :D
sm12 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 pm
flyaway2018 wrote:
Hi sm12 & CR001

Do you have update?sm12?
Did they finally take payment? And did you get the biometric letter?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 pm
No, I called and told them my case number in Monday, and next day 12th June they sent me email saying (unfortunately )it's still under normal process time. and they cannot provide any feedback.

I saw someone posted and delivered exactly the same day already completed the biometric. My friend told me must because they noticed I sent out my application 2 months earlier so decided to on- hold reviewing my application until I reach the qualify time. Not sure if home office is so kind, but I will not push anymore until end of July when I officially pass the eligible time. I just worry they will refuse my early application, but I understand and mentally prepared it might take forever after reading so many people's experience here.

Yeah, not sure if HO does that but could be true. I hope you reach your qualifying period before they assign your application to a caseworker.
And I have written a letter to HO regarding my application, as there is no update whatsoever and I applied a month ago and my application has been with them since 14 May.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:20 pm

I recevied a letter yesterday, the Home Office cannot take payment until 14th June, and want me to re-submit the application fee page within 10 working days. I will send the new fee page with 2 payment card details. If they payment still not taken I will send postal order next Monday 25th June, which is still within 10 working days as they required

Hope this time it will work :cry: :cry: :cry:
sm12 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm
flyaway2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 pm

I saw someone posted and delivered exactly the same day already completed the biometric. My friend told me must because they noticed I sent out my application 2 months earlier so decided to on- hold reviewing my application until I reach the qualify time. Not sure if home office is so kind, but I will not push anymore until end of July when I officially pass the eligible time. I just worry they will refuse my early application, but I understand and mentally prepared it might take forever after reading so many people's experience here.

Yeah, not sure if HO does that but could be true. I hope you reach your qualifying period before they assign your application to a caseworker.
And I have written a letter to HO regarding my application, as there is no update whatsoever and I applied a month ago and my application has been with them since 14 May.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 pm

You mean that they tried to take payment but it was declined or blocked by the bank?
If possible, it might be better to just send a postal order straight away.

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Postal order would be expensive pleae do send bankers draft at first instance . I used bankers draft with my application and got ack letter and biometric after 6 days they received my application .

flyaway2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by flyaway2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am

No, they couldn't take the payment, I guess probably I didn't circle or tick the 2389 amount, OR I put my full name instead of the initial Miss X XX on my bank cards (which the bank officer told me shouldn't be an issue), as I am pretty sure I put the correct numbers.

They finally took the payment earlier after I submitted 3 card details to Sheffield Charge Team, never been so happy when someone took huge amount of money from my bank account. The letter they sent is almost like threat: we will refuse your application or regard your applicaiton as invalid if the second try doesn't go through

Hope you sort out your issues soon as well. :D :D

sm12 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 pm
You mean that they tried to take payment but it was declined or blocked by the bank?
If possible, it might be better to just send a postal order straight away.