ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Rule

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Entry Clearance Rule

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:06 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know the rules of Entry Clerance (EC) for those who in different country for long term (Work Permit holders).

I found below text on HSMP guide:
The entry clearance application should be submitted to the British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in either your country of origin or country of residence. You will not normally be allowed to submit an application for entry clearance in a country where you are based as a visitor or other temporary basis. Where there is no UK visa issuing post in your country of residence or where the nearest post does not issue entry clearances, another UK visa issuing post will have been designated to handle applications. If you are not sure where to apply, any UK mission will be able to advise you.

However, I am not sure if term country of residence includes Work Permit holders (e.g. L1 or H1 visa of USA).

Thanks,
Rajesh.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Entry Clearance Rule

Post by gotcha » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:49 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Hi All,
However, I am not sure if term country of residence includes Work Permit holders (e.g. L1 or H1 visa of USA).

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Yes, it includes all those. Only excluding visitor/business visas.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu May 01, 2008 10:50 am

I am low on confidence to beleive this rule. Can you please sustantiate this?

Can othere senior members share their views as well?

This would decide if I need to apply under Tier1 or HSMP.

Thanks.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Buddy,

First you ask for feedback and once it is given you ask for more evidence to substantiate it !! :D
Bro, do some homework yourself too ..... search the forum :!:

No offence ..... it's just that there are many cases of people on H1B in US who have applied for HSMP and EC from there and have posted their experiences on the forum. You will get your answers .... make an effort to search the forum.

Like I said, no offence meant .... just an advice from a fellow member. I can understand the dilemma, but bro, you got to help yourself more than others can.

regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri May 02, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks for your reply and appreciate the response. After getting clues from your reply I searched forum and found below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=h1b

I like to quote that I wasn't smart on this occassion to imagine this (H1B or H1-B) search criteria. After search, found many threads associated to my query.

Cheers!.