ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Spouse Visa (Forgot to write PRIORITY outside envelope)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viki83

Priority Spouse Visa (Forgot to write PRIORITY outside envelope)

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Applied for spouse visa priority biometrics given on 14/05/2018 and documents sent to Sheffield on 22/05/2018. I forgot to write PRIORITY outside on the envelope. Although did include priority receipt inside the application forms. I fear the application might be treated as a "standard". So far no email and I haven't received the original documents back.

Does anyone have any idea if writing PRORITY outside the envelop matters or is it compulsory?

Can anyone confirm sending a PRIORITY spouse visa application without writing it outside envelope and getting visa in 6 weeks timeline?

Lucky18
Philippines

Re: Priority Spouse Visa (Forgot to write PRIORITY outside envelope)

Post by Lucky18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Viki83,
Sad to hear that you forgotten to write the Priority on your application, ITS A MUST!!!

Please attach any Premium or Priority Service receipts to the front of the bundle, to alert the team it is a priority application.

Please also include a photocopy of biometric page of the applicant’s passport at the front of the bundle.

Ensure that the GWF reference number (generated when the application is completed online), and the location of the centre where the application was lodged, are both marked clearly on the outside of the envelope and at the top right hand corner of the first page of the enclosed documents.

Lucky18
Philippines

Post by Lucky18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Hope and pray they will open your documents asap at HO for them to be able to know that its a priority application, since you included the priority receipt on top of your application.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Where in their guidelines or VFS site does it mention to write PRIORITY outside envelope? I did include receipt inside the envelope though

Lucky18
Philippines

Post by Lucky18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi, you can check at the Vfs website from there you can see the note from ukvi, at the How to apply section you will this wordings.

Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view details.

Click the red color click here to see the pdf guidelines.

Lucky18
Philippines

Post by Lucky18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:10 pm

I did it twice thats why I am sure about it, I already submitted my second application I also paid for priority (and still waiting for the outcome today marks 16th BD praying for positive outcome)
Sad to share my first spouse visa application was refused (priority as well) total of 33 BD before I received my passport back.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Can you shed some light why was it refused? Just to update I sent them pre-paid envelope with tracking no. and just now it shows they have posted by documents back today. So it clearly means they have opened my application and I have included priority receipt inside so they have taken notice of it.