ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Employee has a second job!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Potential Employee has a second job!

Post by Ali272 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello,

I'm in process of employing my first employee, however majority of applicants have already another job. They tell me they can't make ends meet on one job only. So I'm just wondering if it is 100% ok with HO if my employees have second job? They obviously will be working for my company, full time and for at least 130 hours/month.

Thanks in Advance!

Aabdulwaheed

Re: Potential Employee has a second job!

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 am

There is no restriction of employing cant do two jobs. it is perfectly fine and you will be awarded job creation points As long as they are in your payroll. It doesn't matter doing another job or not.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you so much.

One more question. Can I hire EU workers living in the UK? Hard to find British workers in my industry. If yes, What would happen when the UK leaves the EU in 2019? Will I still get points for my job creation?

Thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

Ali272 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm
Hello,

I'm in process of employing my first employee, however majority of applicants have already another job. They tell me they can't make ends meet on one job only. So I'm just wondering if it is 100% ok with HO if my employees have second job? They obviously will be working for my company, full time and for at least 130 hours/month.

Thanks in Advance!
On paper that is perfectly fine and will meet the requirements for job creation points.

However, if I was the CW, I would wonder how someone can work 260 Hrs/month. It is not impossible, but just be prepared to defend it.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

If on paper it's ok, I think I should be fine. In my previous industry, people used to work up to 100 hours a week (Investment banking).

Can I hire EU workers? Will I face any problems in 2019? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm

The rules for EEA workers have not changed and will not change probably until 2021.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice