ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am

hari15 wrote:Finally I got the line.
They told as Visa fee is 17,000 (For those who are in HSMP and doesnt switched to Tier1 in extension)

and Form as VAF-10

I asked again whether its VAF2 or VAF10 they again told as VAF10

anyone reconfirm this by calling VFS and confirm again pls

They also added that Bank balance should be minimum 1600£ (This can be shown by combination of both Husband's and Wife's bank account if needed)

thanks
I am still confused, VAF2 is the one they said so many times and they even told me that I dont need to maintain any minimum balance in the bank account as you are not on Tier 1 program.. They just told me that I have to prove that I am financially active as previous rules....

Dont know where this rules are coming now. Hari, when they said we have to maintain £1600, do we need to maintain that balance for last 3 months or just the last statement. I want to know that because, with the Tier1, you have to maintain funds for 3 months. Moreover the sad thing is I haven't got balance for past 3 months as I generally dont maintain any amount in my current account. I tend to transfer them to my savings account. Dont know which one to show them now....

Keep posting the updates friends...
Thnx

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu May 01, 2008 9:31 am

They told as Visa fee is 17,000 (For those who are in HSMP and doesnt switched to Tier1 in extension)
Ohh..Thats a great relief....I will switch to Tier 1 once i get EC for my new born ..

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu May 01, 2008 10:34 am

kck9 wrote:

and Form as VAF-10

They also added that Bank balance should be minimum 1600£ (This can be shown by combination of both Husband's and Wife's bank account if needed)

thanks
Hello Guys,

Like the fees is only 17,000 INR for HSMP holders

The bank balance of £1600 is it only for HSMP or Tier 1 or both

Would be great if someone kan confirm this.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Salina

I am still confused, VAF2 is the one they said so many times and they even told me that I dont need to maintain any minimum balance in the bank account as you are not on Tier 1 program.. They just told me that I have to prove that I am financially active as previous rules....

Dont know where this rules are coming now. Hari, when they said we have to maintain £1600, do we need to maintain that balance for last 3 months or just the last statement. I want to know that because, with the Tier1, you have to maintain funds for 3 months. Moreover the sad thing is I haven't got balance for past 3 months as I generally dont maintain any amount in my current account. I tend to transfer them to my savings account. Dont know which one to show them now....

Thnx

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu May 01, 2008 10:45 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

Regards
Salina

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am

kck9 wrote:

and Form as VAF-10

thanks

Thnx
Hi kck Dont worry even I dont use to maintain balance in Current account and use to transfer to savings account.

You can show bank statements of both Current & Savings account. They will consider only total balance in both if both are in same name

If its still not enough you can show Indian bankstatement in your wife name or any Indian bank statement in your name. They will add that balance too

Today the guy who talked to me in phone didnt told that it should be for 3 months. He just told me as minimum balance as 1600. But not sure about that issue

When you have called last? If anybody still tells you as VAF2 form from today please let uss know

I think they made the decision of VAF10 very recently. They are saying as VAF10 just from yesterday.

that VAF10 and Bank Balance issue may be a very recent decision. Somebody please calll again and confirm

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:24 am

hari15 wrote: I think they made the decision of VAF10 very recently. They are saying as VAF10 just from yesterday.

that VAF10 and Bank Balance issue may be a very recent decision. Somebody please caall aagain and confirm
No problem hari, i will update you guys.. I think you are the people who will be applying earlier than my wife (we r plannin to apply early June)...I will do my best to update u guys as soon as I receive any contraversial statements...

Cheers mate..good luck

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu May 01, 2008 11:39 am

Another instance of great VFS -UK...and they charge you for (mis) guiding you!!!!!

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 am

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

Regards
Salina

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm

and Form as VAF-10

thanks
Hi, I downloaded VAF10. But does the name of the pdf file say "PBS%20Dependants%20-%20VAF10.pdf"??

Also, if you open the file, the heading says "POINTS BASED SYSTEM FORM (VAF10 MAR 2008) DEPENDANT"

Am I looking at the correct form?

Thanks
Vikram

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:44 am

Today I again called VFS

now another person is saying as VAF2

Total confusion.

But Onething is confirmed now. Fee is Rs.17000 for HSMP holders Because that one is not told differntly by anyone.

Only they are confusing us between VAF2 and VAF10

also today they told that there is no specific criteria for Bank balance for HSMP holders. That also contrary to the one what they told before.

I will personally suggest to show balance above £1600 for safer side

But only Form is still in confusion

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 am

Hello Once again the confusion started. This morning I called and they said it is VAF10 you need to submit the application with.

Also they told me that we need to show last 3 months bank statements with £1600 as a minimum balance. They also want last 12 months bank statements. But they said they dont mind whether it is from India or UK. The money can be in any of yours or spouse accounts.....

OOhhhhh, lot of confusion man...Guys pls let us know your updates as and when it happens...good luck...

PS: I suggest every body to fill VAF2 and VAF 10 forms and keep it ready to submit in VFS. Also I suggest you people to be ready with the funds of minimum £1600 for last 3 months. You need not worry whatever they say....

All the best

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:28 am

kck9 wrote:Hello Once again the confusion started. This morning I called and they said it is VAF10 you need to submit the application with.

Also they told me that we need to show last 3 months bank statements with £1600 as a minimum balance. They also want last 12 months bank statements. But they said they dont mind whether it is from India or UK. The money can be in any of yours or spouse accounts.....

OOhhhhh, lot of confusion man...Guys pls let us know your updates as and when it happens...good luck...

PS: I suggest every body to fill VAF2 and VAF 10 forms and keep it ready to submit in VFS. Also I suggest you people to be ready with the funds of minimum £1600 for last 3 months. You need not worry whatever they say....

All the best
Hi kck Have you enquired about Showing saving account statement? what they told about that?

and Is the Fee is same 17000?

I saw the VAF10 form it is nothing but a Truncated version of same VAF2 removing other section not related Dependants

Hence I personally feel they will accept both VAF10 and VAF2

I dont have £1600 balance in current account for any of last 3 months. But I am having £3000 in saving account from last december and I have 2 bank statements of it one in December and another in April. Is that Ok if I show my saving account statement?

thanks

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:27 am

hari15 wrote: Hi kck Have you enquired about Showing saving account statement? what they told about that?

and Is the Fee is same 17000?

I saw the VAF10 form it is nothing but a Truncated version of same VAF2 removing other section not related Dependants

Hence I personally feel they will accept both VAF10 and VAF2

I dont have £1600 balance in current account for any of last 3 months. But I am having £3000 in saving account from last december and I have 2 bank statements of it one in December and another in April. Is that Ok if I show my saving account statement?

thanks
Yes they told me that we can show the savings account. In a way they said it is much better if you show the savings account. Even me I had one statement in December and another I received in April. So I think I have to show the same.

We cant make a trial with VAF10 or VAF2. I think if we take both the forms to VFS and lets leave it to them which they accept. Because, homeoffice generally doesn't accept the wrong forms even if it has got the same content.... They generally tend to go with rules..

cheers mate

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 am

Hi Guys,

I spoke to VFK today and they confirmed that the form is VAF10. I asked them about the confusion prevailing about VAF2 and VAF10. He said they used to accept both forms some time back. Now they have stopped accepting VAF2. They accept only VAF10 for HSMP Dependent visa.

And ofcourse the fee is 17,000 INR. The guy on the phone told that there is no need to maintain a min amount on each single day. That rule will come into force from Jun end it seems.

Thanks
Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 02, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello,

I am unable to find VAF 10 form on VFS website...It only shows VAF 2 for Tier 1 dependent( I am on HSMP, not Tier1)..

Did some one download the form from Website??Could you pl. post the link here??

Also ,did some one confirm that it is HSMP and not Tier 1 as VFS is asking for HSMP approval letter (but i guess in our case HSMP approval letter would be very old around 1-2 years old,not recent.)

Thanks
Ashish

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:43 pm

ashishashah wrote:Hello,

I am unable to find VAF 10 form on VFS website...It only shows VAF 2 for Tier 1 dependent( I am on HSMP, not Tier1)..

Also ,did some one confirm that it is HSMP and not Tier 1 as VFS is asking for HSMP approval letter (but i guess in our case HSMP approval letter would be very old around 1-2 years old,not recent.)

Thanks
Ashish
Application form
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/PBS%20D ... 0VAF10.pdf

Guidance Notes

Yes, we need to send the original HSMP approval letter
Cheers

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:49 pm

kck9 wrote:

Thanks
Ashish
Application form

Guidance Notes

Cheers
Hey, I dont think you need to send original HSMP approval letter. when I got my HSMP visa, there was a sponsor for me and he did not send his original HSMP letter. I think similarly when you are sponsoring your spouse, there is no need to send the original.

It will be great if some one can confirm this.

Thanks
Vikram

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 02, 2008 2:51 pm

when I got my HSMP visa, there was a sponsor for me and he did not send his original HSMP letter.
Sponsor for HSMP??Sorry,didnt get you..

I think we need to show old(expired)HSMP letter to qualify under 17K INR fees...

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:15 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:
kck9 wrote:

Thanks
Ashish
Application form

Guidance Notes

Cheers
Hey, I dont think you need to send original HSMP approval letter. when I got my HSMP visa, there was a sponsor for me and he did not send his original HSMP letter. I think similarly when you are sponsoring your spouse, there is no need to send the original.

It will be great if some one can confirm this.

Thanks
Vikram

I too think the saame kck9

In a email I got before some weeks they told me to suppy only copies of workpermit (in our case HSMP letter)

Original HSMP letter is only for those who have valid HSMP (not older than 6 months) and applying for HSMP EC along with dependant

Because if I come to UK after marriage without my wife I need original HSMP letter to supply to immigrations officers if they ask.

I dont think we need to supply original of it

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi, this morning when I called VFS, they were telling the list of docs needed. In that she said Original HSMP approval letter and copy of passport pages with the valid HSMP stamp...

I particularly asked is it necessary to send the Original HSMP approval letter. She said the same routine answer "We recommend everyone to keep originals....It is upto you people what you want to keep...and it is upto the homeoffice to decide the issuing of dependant visa..."

So it is our discretion to decide whether we need to send or not. If you are not sending please make sure you give a valid reason in your covering letter...

Hope this helps

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 02, 2008 3:58 pm

But will an "expired " HSMP letter would be valid??My HSMP letter was issues in 2006 June...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:30 pm

I have already sent out all the docs from my side to India for my wife's dependent visa. I havent sent my original HSMP letter :(

I will come to very soon if my decision was right or wrong. I will update you guys after that.

Vikram

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Sat May 03, 2008 11:09 am

Hi

I am already in UK on HSMP for a few months now. I want my wife to join me here. Would the maintenance funds criteria apply to us.

Do I need to show £2400 for the last 3 months for her to apply and £800 for me?

I am really cinfused regarding this transition funds arrangment. An agent is saying I need to have 2400 +2800 funds before my wife can join me here.

Please advice

santosh_katakam

Dependant visa fees

Post by santosh_katakam » Sun May 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi guys,

i have a question on the dependant visa fees. i am in uk with hsmp stamped in may 2006 and i have just applied for my extension. my wife and my baby is in india and i am planning to bring them in asap. my wife was here with me since feb 2005 and she went india recently for her delivery. could anyone of you tell me the visa fees either Rs 17000/Rs 51000/- is charged on the basis of per dependant or one fee for all the dependants applied at the same time.

cheers,
santosh

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm

need to delete this..sorry